Sammak99

Unlock bootloader?

Any way to unlock the bootloader on the g4 or any idea when lg might add it to their official list?

Sent from my LGUS991 using Tapatalk

Thanks for moving it. The official list is on LG's website its a list of devices with official bootloader unlocks so far the only on on it is the international G4. If the bootloader is unlocked how come I can't flash twrp?

Edited by Sammak99

Idk. Maybe because a recovery that works with our phone isn't available yet?

Where did you get the recovery?

Our variant is always a PITA - LG may not even acknowledge it.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

The twrp for international is what I tried because it was reported as working with other varients. The problem wasnt that I was getting bootloops it simply just wasnt flashing properly. I might try again later.

On 8/9/2015 at 10:36 PM, Sammak99 said:

The twrp for international is what I tried because it was reported as working with other varients. The problem wasnt that I was getting bootloops it simply just wasnt flashing properly. I might try again later.

If you're rooted, just install FlashFire.  It will allow you to flash zips without having a custom recovery.  It's a really cool tool.

On 8/16/2016 at 4:21 PM, BoгИX said:

If you're rooted, just install FlashFire.  It will allow you to flash zips without having a custom recovery.  It's a really cool tool.

Flashing firmware workout a custom recovery behind the boot loader is not a good idea.... Stick to twrp it's the best And easiest route...you always want a recovery behind the boot loader in case with a nandriod backup of your original stock

Without unlocking the bootloader, you cannot install custom recovery. It's been demonstrated in this forum that you can use FlashFire to install things like Xposed and other mods.

You can always use the LG Flash Tool to restore stock if you screw up.

Also, the OP of this thread was trying to get TWRP installed, so if you know how to do it with a locked bootloader on our variant of the G4, please let us know.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk