Zenzr

Note 5 Stock Firmware

thanks for all the info. will be giving this a try.

i guess what was confusing me the most was either having a modified kernel or the supersu (systemless)

the correct twrp was also confusing because we usually have a special twrp that is modified from the sprint and it usually hard to find unless in the forums

xda is basically garbage info when it comes to us cellular.

we all come here for us cellular phones and there really isnt a proper guide with all working links or even filenames so we can (google)

i think everything is here now so will give it a try in next day or 2 and report back

will this break samsung gear and samsung pay?

On 5/19/2017 at 7:35 PM, tdbone1 said:

thanks for all the info. will be giving this a try.

i guess what was confusing me the most was either having a modified kernel or the supersu (systemless)

the correct twrp was also confusing because we usually have a special twrp that is modified from the sprint and it usually hard to find unless in the forums

xda is basically garbage info when it comes to us cellular.

we all come here for us cellular phones and there really isnt a proper guide with all working links or even filenames so we can (google)

i think everything is here now so will give it a try in next day or 2 and report back

will this break samsung gear and samsung pay?

It will probably break Samsung Pay.  Maybe not though, you should google it.

I'm 99.999% sure any root breaks Samsung pay.

Samsung pay is worthless anyway.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

i been  pretty busy lately.

switched my router over to dd-wrt and had to redo all my passwords on all my devices and all the settings in dd-wrt itself.

i then got a laptop and downloaded windows 10 pro and did a format and fresh install to the hdd.

i then used acronis true image home to clone the hdd to an ssd and had to get all settings correctly for windows on laptop.

finally getting back to this thread.

about samsung pay and even google vr (i believe) i think i did read on xda that there is a work around to fix both those (again i believe).

i read read and read all the time.

for someone to say "google it" or "RTFM" they are pretty much jerks.

when i come here (teamuscellular note 5 forums) and ask about rooting or flashing recovery it is not because i havent read its because there is NO good guide in a sticky.

if there was a guide maybe we wouldnt have to ask the same questions over and over.

googling.... xda dont have a us cellular section.

i know about the sprint and verizon (cdma) areas but these are not us cellular.

yes sometimes we get lucky and a sprint recovery will work but there has also been times in the past where i would use a sprint recovery and it would overheat my phone because it would have different clocks for cpu etc...

anyhow to the great guys here that do contribute thank-you

will be doing the root maybe tonight but not sure really why. there is no custom android 7.0 rom avail that we can flash is there?

i do like to root just to mess around in the / area of the phone and i like to use the secret dial codes. thats probably enough reason to root right there.

glad i didnt use that supersu you linked me to. it is only working on a two devices and note 5 isnt one. i read the last few pages on that thread. think i will look at the stable version

Edited by tdbone1

Android 7.0 is out (at least on us cellular site it list the note 5 now)

i see it at sammobile too

btw if anyone wants a guide, I've successfully rooted and have been running Magisk for about 3 weeks now.  De-bloated a lot of the samsung crap and all of the USC apps... Nougat runs like a champ.