woodie1976

Mobile Data Lock for kids phone?

just as it says... we have a 17 year old that thinks his main source of communication is snapchat and facebook all the time.. so i'm looking to a app that i can password lock data on this phone. hes already used 3 gig in less than a week and it needs to stop.. tired of paying overages. We have family protect installed and for some reason its not blocking the apps or anything unless we fully lock the phone down then all he can do is call either mom or dad.. i dont mind texting or calling... even playing his offline games or what not but it kills out everything.. any ideas? Thanks in advance 

You can add a data limit for $3/mo for thE whole account. You can then set data limits per line, once the limit is reached the data is cut off

Edited by Coolasice

we did that.. i was wondering about a app tho too

for like if hes hammering down on facebook i can password lock it for a week or so that way its not getting wasted 

Edited by woodie1976

To bad you can't restrict background data anymore. It at least I haven't seen it work with 5.xx. Then if that would work password protect the settings somehow. Restrict background data, when it works, keeps an app from using data and only let's it work on WiFi...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

for like if hes hammering down on facebook i can password lock it for a week or so that way its not getting wasted

So then what's the problem? If he wastes his allotted data in 1 week then he just has to wait until his allotment is replenished the next month. Works the same as money... Spend it all at once and you have no more until you get paid again... Edited by Coolasice

So then what's the problem? If he wastes his allotted data in 1 week then he just has to wait until his allotment is replenished the next month. Works the same as money... Spend it all at once and you have no more until you get paid again...

yep this is true.. BUT i have his phone sitting right here in front of me and even with the block in place via US Cellular (that i'm paying for and even have Family Protector on with everything checked but Device so its not locking out the whole phone) i'm chatting with a friend via Snapchat on his phone and he is well over his data allotment 

So then what's the problem? If he wastes his allotted data in 1 week then he just has to wait until his allotment is replenished the next month. Works the same as money... Spend it all at once and you have no more until you get paid again...

yep this is true.. BUT i have his phone sitting right here in front of me and even with the block in place via US Cellular (that i'm paying for and even have Family Protector on with everything checked but Device so its not locking out the whole phone) i'm chatting with a friend via Snapchat on his phone and he is well over his data allotment

You should call cust service because the service you are paying for is not working.