Indie

LG Nexus 5x and 6p HYPE THREAD

So does the 5x and 6p have all radios to support GSM and CDMA?

Yes.  All newer Nexus devices (Nexus 6, 5X, 6P) are compatible with every carrier.  Except for the AT&T-branded N6 I think.  But if you get it from the Play Store it will work on any carrier including US Cellular.

Same with the Moto X Pure Edition (2015).  

It's the future.

We haven't confirmed the 6p will work on USCC, but the Nexus 6, 5x, and Moto X PE 2015 will all work on any carrier. 

Right ^^ No official confirmation as of current - but it doesnt make sense for them to do it any other way - so it's a safe assumption that it will. 

We just cant say "YES!" just yet.

Hey guys- haven't posted in a long time because I am no longer on USCC, but some of my family members are and I just got off the phone with customer service where "Mary" confirmed the 5X is supported by USCC! (I would assume the 6P is too)

EDIT: It was a USCC Customer service rep. She said, and I quote, "Yes I see the Nexus 5X here in our system as a supported device, just make sure you bring in the USCC version" to which I replied "there's only one version but supports 'all' U.S. carriers". She responded "Yes, I can confirm for you it will work".

Edited by EnemasRfun

Is there a way to finance the 6p?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

You can finance through Huawei's site, but I believe there is a 12 month 10% APR, so it's not as good as the finance options through Fi (which is 24 month 0% APR). Also, they only have the aluminum and graphite colors. 

http://www.gethuawei.com/nexus6p

You won't have to pay taxes, so that will save you some money though...

Edited by weberr90

You can finance through Huawei's site, but I believe there is a 12 month 10% APR, so it's not as good as the finance options through Fi (which is 24 month 0% APR). Also, they only have the aluminum and graphite colors.

True. I wouldn't mind the 24month option. ~$30 a month.

Yeah, but when you figure that you can probably sell your Nexus 6 for at least $250 (or $300 if you have the 64 gb) then you're left with only paying ~$250...which is what we paid for the Nexus 6 when it was subsidized through USCC to begin with.

That's how I'm justifying it to myself anyway...haha

I ended up pulling the trigger on a 5x which should be delivered today. Is the best way to activate it to bring it to a USC store? I doubt it will come with a SIM card..

It won't come with a SIM card. You can take it to the store or call, but you will need a nano SIM from US Cellular for it to work

It won't come with a SIM card. You can take it to the store or call, but you will need a nano SIM from US Cellular for it to work

I assume by taking it to the store, they will have an extra one? Or can I use the one from my old S5?

You cant use the one from the S5 since it used a micro sim, not a nano sim.

Stores dont have sim cards anymore, USCC would have to send you one.

Now, some stores have sim cutters (you can buy one if you want) that will cut a micro sim down to a nano sim.

If I were you, I'd get a hold of uscc ahead of time, get it on the way, then youll have it - but in this case you dont have that much time, I would call uscc stores around you and see if they have one they will give you - OR - if youre in central Iowa, I have several nano sims that arent being used, youre welcome to have one.

Yeah, but when you figure that you can probably sell your Nexus 6 for at least $250 (or $300 if you have the 64 gb) then you're left with only paying ~$250...which is what we paid for the Nexus 6 when it was subsidized through USCC to begin with.

That's how I'm justifying it to myself anyway...haha

That's true I suppose. Though I don't know if I want to sell mine yet. I may keep it as a backup.

You cant use the one from the S5 since it used a micro sim, not a nano sim.

Stores dont have sim cards anymore, USCC would have to send you one.

Now, some stores have sim cutters (you can buy one if you want) that will cut a micro sim down to a nano sim.

If I were you, I'd get a hold of uscc ahead of time, get it on the way, then youll have it - but in this case you dont have that much time, I would call uscc stores around you and see if they have one they will give you - OR - if youre in central Iowa, I have several nano sims that arent being used, youre welcome to have one.

Thanks! I will call around to see. I'm in NW Wisconsin (Sheboygan) area.

If you just cant find a store that will give you one, you will have to have them send you one - which they usually do overnight, but that would put it in your hands at the earliest Monday.

If you just cant find a store that will give you one, you will have to have them send you one - which they usually do overnight, but that would put it in your hands at the earliest Monday.

I did this a couple of weeks ago for my S4.  It was pretty slick as their sim cards are now 3-in-1.  You just had to punch out which one you need.

Appreciate all the help!

Sounds like there are some people who's order for 6p's are being charged by Google (Huawei charged mine right away?), so the prevailing thought is that we should see those phones start shipping in the next few days. 

Anyone on here who has placed an order through the Google Store for the 6p get charged?

FWIW, I asked on the USCC Facebook site if they would be supported. Answer was "We will be supporting the Nexus 5X but no word about the 6P. Keep checking withing us."