Indie

LG Nexus 5x and 6p HYPE THREAD

I won't be getting a new phone until next summer but if they get the Nexus 5 I imagine my decision will be between that and the LG G5.

Supposedly, the device will be announced (maybe released) on Sept 29th, along with the new Nexus 6. It's also rumored to be called the Nexus 5X, but apparently that name is still up in the air. 

Unlocked price is expected to be $400 for the 16 GB model. 

Edit: No information yet about USCC though. 

Edited by weberr90

All I want is better camera options - if they can do anythin glike what sammy does, theyre golden - but if its just pics and 30fps video, thats pretty stupid and a total waste of hardware capability.

That would be baller. Holy cow. I may try to talk my brother into taking my Nexus 6 (he has a Moto X 2013) so I can use his upgrade lol. 

Just put in an order for the 6p in black, 64GB! The improvements in the camera, and battery size alone are enough to entice me. Now I just have to sell the replacement Moto Nexus 6 which is getting here tomorrow. 

Not cheap with the Nexus Protect, but I'm sure I'll find a way to justify the total costs to myself. 

Edited by weberr90

I read somewhere that the nexus protect for the 6p has a $79 deductible and you only get 2. Not sure if that's good or bad.

But there's no way of get the nexus 5x for the price id rather just spend the extra to get the 6p

Yeah, I actually ended up cancelling that order through google. The more I thought about it, the more I don't think I'll need nexus protect (famous last words).

So, I purchased it through Huawei since they don't charge tax...$35 is $35! Maybe I'll even get it sooner since I'm ordering it directly from the manufacturer?

On a side note, when I had to activate my replacement Nexus 6, I asked them about the possibility of USCC activating the new Nexii, they said there hadn't been any determination made yet. 

Side, side note. Admin, can you change title to Nexus 5x and Nexus 6p...since both are being discussed on this thread. 

I went one step further and added caps too. I like it. 

You guys should look into Square trade. It's a super good deal. 

I went one step further and added caps too. I like it. 

You guys should look into Square trade. It's a super good deal. 

It does seem like a good deal! But, as long as you don't exceed two damage claims in 2 years, the Nexus protect is still a better deal...

Nexus Protect: 2 year price $69 Nexus 5x, $79 Nexus 6p - $79 deductible for damage claim, $0 for mechanical claim

Square Trade: 2 year price $99 for any phone - $75 deductible for damage or mechanical claim

There are many coupons for SquareTrade too. I mean I don't disagree, if you only use the two claims you get a better deal. But With ST there are various amounts of percent off. Just calling them I got a 10% discount if I wanted to sign up to make it $89 instead of $99. 

This was announced yesterday internally, no word on the 6p yet.

"The Google Nexus 5X will not be sold through U.S. Cellular, and is only available directly through Google. However, this device has been approved for use on our network as a Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) only."

Seems like the 6p should be able to activated too...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Edited by weberr90

Gave the 5x some thought but it's the same size as my G3 with a smaller less resolution screen. Not sure what I'm going to do. Would like to try out FI with one of the two