Sign in to follow this  
Gortic

Iphone 5s unlocking

Question

Hello,

I called USCC and requested a unlock, I have everything paid off and canceled. They said it could take up to 72 hours I hope it doesn't take that long... :( I also called Apple before I called them and apple said only the carrier can unlock it, and USCC told me only APPLE can unlock it, and I will get a wifi text from apple.

4 answers to this question

USCC only requests the unlock from Apple, the actual unlocking is done by Apple themselves, but only the carrier can authorize the process.

It my experience it usually takes about a day.

You won't get a text either, Apple is only changing the activation policy as follows:

Before unlock:
2203 - US US Cellular LTE Policy

After unlock:
2303 - Multi-Mode Unlock Policy

I've done this, I went into the store at around 2pm and at 6am the following day it had been unlocked. No text or anything, it just allowed a different sim.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Ok thanks guys ill have to keep trying my sim

When the device unlocks and you install your domestic non-USCC SIM, if you're signed into iCloud you'll be prompted to enter your iCloud credentials for the unlock to complete.

Keep in mind using a international SIM to test the unlock won't really do anything as USCC iPhones are only locked against other domestic carriers.

Edited by SBJ1998