Sign in to follow this  
Dark Reality

2013 Moto X vs in-car Bluetooth

Wife has the 2013 Moto X with the Lollipop update, and her phone is having problems with our car's Bluetooth audio system. My best guess is that the 2013 X only has Bluetooth 2.0 or something like that (I'm really not sure) and my phone (HTC One M8) has a newer Bluetooth radio that can send audio flawlessly.

When she plays a song, it skips, like it can't maintain the stream. She says sometimes it makes deafening static, but I have yet to hear it. When I play the same song (same file) through the same player (latest Poweramp on both), it plays flawlessly. But my phone is almost a year newer. Well, about six months, I guess.

So, just wondering if anyone with a 2013 X can play music over Bluetooth, and if so, if there's anything I can do for my wife's phone.

It may be just just Lollipop. My 2013 Moto X with KitKat worked perfectly with my Sony Bluetooth Radio.

Edited by Kir6y

My girlfriends AT&T moto x 2013 has had lots of issues since the LP update. She complains that her ford sync system acts funny now, and it rebuilds the app cache almost every time she reboots. I want to factory reset it for her to see if it helps, but she doesn't want the hassle

Sent from my SM-G900R4