ptbollhagen

Boot Animation Wanted

I figured it out.  Er, kinda. 

The stock Moto bootanimation.zip contains three .mp4 files and a text file, I'm guessing the text file is like a batch script telling it when to play each mp4.

The one you're downloading from XDA contains like a dozen "partX" folders that contain a whole bunch of .png files.  These are images, not video.

Thus the Moto X uses a video file for the boot animation while whatever device can use that one uses whole bunch of images back to back to simulate a video file.

Try finding a boot animation you like that's got .mp4 files in it rather than folders full of .pngs.

It should still work with image files. It just might not be properly packed for a newer device.

See that threw me off, when I was reading about it somebody else said that their second generation X couldn't use the ones that included the mp4's.

I would would be happy to make the marshmallow logo into the mp4 style if you would like?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

See that threw me off, when I was reading about it somebody else said that their second generation X couldn't use the ones that included the mp4's.

I would would be happy to make the marshmallow logo into the mp4 style if you would like?

I would hate for you to go through the trouble for nothing but if you would like me to try then I would gladly too.

Sent from my XT1093 using Tapatalk

OK. Gimme a few, washing my truck now and I'll get it built. Do you happen to have a stock one or one that DOES work?

I can rips that one apart and make the new one that way.

Edit:

I think I found the stock one, was it the globe spinning and different things showing up on it?

OK. Gimme a few, washing my truck now and I'll get it built. Do you happen to have a stock one or one that DOES work?

Edit:

I think I found the stock one, was it the globe spinning and different things showing up on it?

Yes, its the threaded lollipop moto animation.

I tried a flashable april fools moto animation with 2 mp4 files and a videodesc.txt file with still no success. :(

Edit:

It gets me to think that its a backup location for animation or boot services thats causing it to not work properly.

But its so strange how on my Moto X 4.4.4, I can flash any bootanimation and it works flawlessly...

Huh... Is there any way to get me your stock one?

Or ANY one that you KNOW works?

Sadly no. I didnt keep a backup.

Huh... Is there any way to get me your stock one?

Or ANY one that you KNOW works?

I just found some light but I didnt make any changes yet.

Appears I found another spot where a bootanimation is stored. Seems like the stock one because of the bootanimation and uscellular logo files (:. Also the permissions for it is very weird.

7c0d1d95d58dc5e39a6462174f1e9077.jpg

805ab9adc1b035352d0163ba520f1183.jpg

9c9bcc64db1763558f02cc276da20713.jpg

And that was the culprit.

But to be safe,

1. I installed a bootanimation.zip in /system/media with permission 0644 or rw-r--r--

2. I installed a bootanimation.zip in /data/local/moodle with permission 0777 or rwxrwxrwx

Well I'm glad you found the little turd!!

If you ever want a custom one just lemme know!

Thanks and I will, also thanks to everyone else that helped. I was bout to throw this thing lol.