jonbond3

Problems after root, xposed?

Hello fellow USC note 5 owners. Is there anyone else having any problems after rooting/modifying?

Since I rooted my note 5 it has been rebooting at random times. I flashed the custom kernel and flashed TWRP as soon as I found out it was working for the note 5. I also installed the xposed fromework. Could xposed be causing the issue since I'm not running a deodexed rom? The xda forum I got the experimental xposed version said it worked with deodexed or odexed I believe. Let me know if anyone has tab across similar issues

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

My guess is that it's one of the modules with xposed.

It could also be the kernel, but I would suspect xposed first.

Edited title

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I do know that Xposed has been causing a lot of issues with TW. So even though it "says" it works with odexed TW roms I wouldn't trust it fully yet. Theres probably still plenty of bugs that are causing issues for you. 

Well interestingly enough I restored a nandroid backup from before I flashed xposed and it still rebooted its self. Only once so far, but that makes me think its either the kernel or TWRP recovery.

Could be kernel. TWRP wouldn't do that.

Xposed could still be in your system even after a nandroid... I've seen it latch on pretty tight before.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Yeah he is, and I should have paid attention to the other posts, the beastmode kernel for the sprint note 5 has given me no troubles after flashing it earlier today. I should have looked around first, sorry... After lurking around forums since I got into rooting I finally decided to participate, so you could say I'm new to this lol

Edited by jonbond3

If your having random reboots use Moar rom it's built off the stock romantic but probably has everything you want. Xposed is garbage and no Dev will help you because they all dislike it.