Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BoгИX

Root + Bootloader Unlock

35 posts in this topic

You may need a newer SuperSU. Or newer TWRP. Or both. Both files have been updated several times since OP.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Thank you, so far I have been able to restore the stock firmware and am proceeding from there.

On the twrp site it says "many devices will replace your custom recovery automatically during first boot. To prevent this, use Googleto find the proper key combo to enter recovery. After typing fastboot reboot, hold the key combo and boot to TWRP. Once TWRP is booted, TWRP will patch the stock ROM to prevent the stock ROM from replacing TWRP. If you don't follow this step, you will have to repeat the install".  I am not sure what it means by "hold the key combo" and boot to TWRP

Now I feel like I am not getting smarter, I believe the key combo is just basically 'power button + vol. down'

On 5/8/2016 at 5:29 PM, clones said:

On the twrp site it says "many devices will replace your custom recovery automatically during first boot. To prevent this, use Googleto find the proper key combo to enter recovery. After typing fastboot reboot, hold the key combo and boot to TWRP. Once TWRP is booted, TWRP will patch the stock ROM to prevent the stock ROM from replacing TWRP. If you don't follow this step, you will have to repeat the install".  I am not sure what it means by "hold the key combo" and boot to TWRP

Once you install TWRP via fastboot, simply use the fastboot menu to boot to TWRP before booting the device.  There are instructions on the fastboot screen on how to select options.  I believe it's Vol Dn: next item and Vol Up: select.  Use the controls to select "Recovery", then TWRP will boot, then you can flash SuperSU.

Okay, tried again and had no trouble with TWRP, did a nandroid back up, then flashed SuperSU-v2.65-20151226141. As it went to reboot, it went through the bootloader unlock screen and then got stuck again at the moto logo. Right now, I am flash the backup. Not sure what went wrong?

I'd make a backup after booting it the first time.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Okay, tried again and had no trouble with TWRP, did a nandroid back up, then flashed SuperSU-v2.65-20151226141. As it went to reboot, it went through the bootloader unlock screen and then got stuck again at the moto logo. Right now, I am flash the backup. Not sure what went wrong?

Sometimes it can take several minutes to boot after modifying things in TWRP. Did you wait long enough? It can be more than 5 minutes, but never more than 10.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Thanks for your guys thoughts. BorNX, thought you may have had but I tried again and waited for 10 minutes twice and either it stayed on the moto logo or it started with the moto logo and then the screen went blank. Had someone else suggest SuperSu 2.62-3 and that seemed to be the ticket. I verified with root checker that I am rooted. Thanks for your guys thoughts and help.