Sign in to follow this  
nicholas9543

Stuck on M screen with puddle, save internal files

Hello everyone I am inquiring on some assistance with my stock jb M. This unit has been laying around the house, once working but decided to restart on its own sticking on the M screen. My goal is somehow to get a copy of the internal storage file system before I factory reset it. This phone is or can be a second spare to me so it's not in service. However it does NOT boot into android, currently stuck on the M screen with a puddle. I have tried to find tutorials on how to do this, even with adb fastboot pull command but no avail or it fails when I give it the command. All drivers are installed on my cpu. I am somewhat familiar with cmd but not gurue level. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Try pressing power and volume down together until it reboots. Might work after that. Same as a battery pull

Done all possible. It sticks every time. Even cleared cache partition.. 

Yeah, it does get into Fastboot.  I got in and tried wiping cache also.  Neither that nor factory reset worked.

Well if you can get into fastboot then it's not completely borked.  The bad news is that you cannot access the internal storage through fastboot like you can with ADB.  

Try installing a custom recovery (like TWRP if it's available), I know that some of them have working ADB.  TWRP even lets you mount as MTP, which would be ideal for you.  

Yeah, it does get into Fastboot.  I got in and tried wiping cache also.  Neither that nor factory reset worked.

Well if you can get into fastboot then it's not completely borked.  The bad news is that you cannot access the internal storage through fastboot like you can with ADB.  

Try installing a custom recovery (like TWRP if it's available), I know that some of them have working ADB.  TWRP even lets you mount as MTP, which would be ideal for you.  

Unfortunately, a custom recovery would require a bootloader unlock, and that would wipe the data on the phone.

Yeah, it does get into Fastboot. I got in and tried wiping cache also. Neither that nor factory reset worked.

Well if you can get into fastboot then it's not completely borked. The bad news is that you cannot access the internal storage through fastboot like you can with ADB.

Try installing a custom recovery (like TWRP if it's available), I know that some of them have working ADB. TWRP even lets you mount as MTP, which would be ideal for you.

Unfortunately, a custom recovery would require a bootloader unlock, and that would wipe the data on the phone.

Unless it was already unlocked!

But yeah, good point.

Yeah, it does get into Fastboot. I got in and tried wiping cache also. Neither that nor factory reset worked.

Well if you can get into fastboot then it's not completely borked. The bad news is that you cannot access the internal storage through fastboot like you can with ADB.

Try installing a custom recovery (like TWRP if it's available), I know that some of them have working ADB. TWRP even lets you mount as MTP, which would be ideal for you.

Unless it was already unlocked!

But yeah, good point.

I don't mind it getting wiped.  I'll look into installing TWRP, thanks!