doctorcaligari

Any issues activating the 2015 PE on USCC?

So the new Shared Connect pricing might sway us back to staying with US Cellular, and we are both planning to get Moto X Pure's. What has been the overall experience getting this phone activated on US Cellular?

I usually do my business at an agent store, but would I be better off going to a corporate store to do this?

We had thought about switching to Verizon with this phone, but all I keep hearing is that Verizon has been pretty incompetent when it comes to the Moto X Pure. First all the IMEI's were loaded wrong and they couldn't activate, and now they are still having various issues with activation and no one seems to know what is going on or how to do anything (according to various reports).

Other Questions:

• Will the stores have nano SIM's, or will I need a cutter?
  • Can they just pull the SIMs out of my current Moto X 2013 and wife's iPhone 5s (or old Moto X)? (Edit- after using the SIM cutter to cut them down of course)

Thanks!

Edited by doctorcaligari

They can use the sim from your old phone, as long as it's a nano sim - USCC would probably want to send you the replacement sim I doubt stores have it.

But they will activate it without issue.

Corporate stores will have the sims. Agents may not.

With Verizon you could activate the Sim under a different device (ex nexus 6) and it would work fine.

Edited by Coolasice

I have activated a few since the release. I'm a store manager at an agent store I'm pretty ocd about keeping SIM cards in store but I've seen several stores with one or two max. In general corporate associates are more well informed than agents unfortunately so they usually know what they can can't do. This isn't always true but laziness isn't always as well regulated in an agent store.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Is it possible to call CS and have them send a nano-SIM? Or am I better off trying to get one at a local agent store? Will they just give me one, or is there anything I have to do to get one? I just bought a used MPE on Swappa and should be here in a few days, so just want to be prepared to get it up and running right away. 

THATS BS - they shouldn't charge anything (I realize they're owned/operated independently) but thats just straight up crap.

I would call uscc, explain your disgust about it, and request they overnight you a new one - they will send one for free.

Check with other locations because ive never been charged for one. ever.

Just my 2 cents. I bought a Moto X Pure 32 gb Factory Unlocked phone from ebay last week. I just got it on the 16th, took the sim card out my old phone, and cut it into a nano sim. Kept saying I was roaming and what not, so I called USCellular. Poor customer service. First guy told me the phone wasn't unlocked, The next lady told me that the MEID wasn't under their system, that I only can activate phones from THEIR STORE and to call Motorola. I called Motorola and they said that the phone can be use with almost all major carriers including USCellular and that there wasn't anything wrong with mines.

So finally, The third guy from USCellular said that he couldn't find the MEID but when I told him it was Moto X Pure then he already knew what to do. The others act like they didn't know what phone I had. So yea, I believe some people will get headaches from people that don't know what they are talking about or doing...

Edited by Kir6y

I might see how it works out for me next week. I got an email from Motorola that if I buy a 64gb pure before the 19th I can get a 1st gen 360 for free so I'm considering picking one up.

Yesterday I got my Moto X PE activated at my local US Cellular office and the technician had difficulties activating the phone (it shipped from the factory with a pre-installed US Cellular SIM).  The technician was changing different settings to try and activate the phone, and finally she went and got a supervisor.  He came out and immediately noticed that she was not using capital letter for the ABN, and when she corrected this, it immediately activated.  

I am a little bit OCD with my phones, and I would like my phone to start out with factory settings, but I do not know what the technician may be changed when she was attempting to activate my phone.  If I use the Moto app to restore my phone to factory settings, will my activation also be reset?  Since my phone is on a corporate plan, someone from my office has to accompany me to the US Cellular office for any changes to my phone or plan, and I would like to avoid the hassle.

Thank you in advance for any insights you can provide...

He didnt do anything to your phone, you can factory reset it if you want, but all he did was activate it and bypass the initial sign in.

The activation wont reset.

there will be no need to go back to the store, just factory reset it from the settings and it will be all ready for you to set up the way you want.

Okay, thank you for reply!  In the end I decided to stay with the existing settings, and instead proceeded with the Marshmallow update.  The update to Marshmallow was seamless!

One other thing that I was pleased with regarding activating the Moto X Pure Edition on US Cellular is that I was able to download and install the US Celluar Your Navigator Deluxe app, which is the only US Cellular app that I use, and which I regularly used for 4.5 years on my previous Motorola Electrify.