cdiamond

Android 6.0 is live!

So I upgraded a couple of days ago and I can say this, best decision I've made! And now the ota for the N6 is live! Many improvements especially when it comes to battery life. If anyone else got it, tell me how you're feeling about it so far.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

The OTA may have hit recently but we've had the OTA zip and firmware for a week or more.

It's just not being pushed as OTA, I'm sure - but its been available as a stock flashable zip since it came out.

Meh, there's not a 6.0 thread in discussion - other than this.

It could stay up if you want it to. We don't have a general for it.

= )

Heh. Search is a great tool. :D

Lol I know. I've been knowing the factory images and zip file were out but, I just didn't feel like going through the process of getting it on my phone. So I just waited for the over the air update.

Heh. Search is a great tool. :D

Lol I know. I've been knowing the factory images and zip file were out but, I just didn't feel like going through the process of getting it on my phone. So I just waited for the over the air update.

I don't, and never will, OTA. Because when (not if) something goes wrong the first thing most people will say is you need to clean install it lol. Always a good idea to have things backed up anyway regardless. 

Has anyone actually received the update ota? Like your USC nexus 6 showed that it had an update and it was 6.0 or is everyone just loading it themselves via ADB

Has anyone actually received the update ota? Like your USC nexus 6 showed that it had an update and it was 6.0 or is everyone just loading it themselves via ADB

I have the OTA available on mine. But I have it dual booted with 5.1.1 rooted and a 6.0 ROM as the secondary from Multirom. I have no plans on updating my 5.1.1 for a bit. 

Edited by Zenzr

I have the OTA available on mine. But I have it dual booted with 5.1.1 rooted and a 6.0 ROM as the secondary from Multirom. I have no plans on updating my 5.1.1 for a bit.

So you have the 6.0 update available? How long have you had it showing up to be installed? Or do you have the latest 5.1.1 update? I just got one of them last week. Security update.

So you have the 6.0 update available? How long have you had it showing up to be installed? Or do you have the latest 5.1.1 update? I just got one of them last week. Security update.

You know now that you mention it, I'm not entirely sure if it was 6.0 or just a security OTA. I'll have to go and check later. Currently on my 6.0 ROM so I'll have to wait. 

I had the notification. I downloaded and installed it. No problems where I'm at!

I had the notification. I downloaded and installed it. No problems where I'm at!
Edited by snoprosledneck88

Mine showed up a couple of days ago. Haven't installed it yet.

Seriously? Wonder why I have received mine yet. I was going to ADB it and my computer wont let me install the good drivers for some reason. Oh well I will keep waiting i guess. 

Seriously? Wonder why I have received mine yet. I was going to ADB it and my computer wont let me install the good drivers for some reason. Oh well I will keep waiting i guess.

Use Wugs toolkit. Normally I'm 100% against toolkits, but Wug does an amazing job at explaining exactly what each function does. It has a link to all the needed files you need too.

Edited by Zenzr

Edited by cdiamond

Use Wugs toolkit. Normally I'm 100% against toolkits, but Wug does an amazing job at explaining exactly what each function does. It has a link to all the needed files you need too.

I just tried to use Wug's kit but it says that they do not have a stock recovery for the build that i'm on. I'm on LMY48T. So i guess im still SOL