cdiamond

Android 6.0 is live!

Ok I got it to work and i flashed the factory image. Im on 6.0 now. second question: i can root this with wugs kit right?

Yes you can

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I tried a few roms. I can say that ASIP and xtraSmooth rom are pretty good and stable. Oh and this rom called mellow roms is pretty decent

Edited by cdiamond

You know you're lazy when this has been out for so long and still haven't updated to it......

Not really. Some people aren't rooted and have no good way to back up data. I understand that.

I run Xtrasmooth and I like it. Only reason I picked a rom over 100% stock is so I can use multirom to dualboot.

Edited by Zenzr

You know you're lazy when this has been out for so long and still haven't updated to it......

Not really. Some people aren't rooted and have no good way to back up data. I understand that.

I run Xtrasmooth and I like it. Only reason I picked a rom over 100% stock is so I can use multirom to dualboot.

You run Xtrasmooth now zen? How do you like it vs Chroma? How is battery life?

Vs chroma I like it more. I haven't had that stupid sign in bug. Which was my only real issue with chroma.

Battery has been very good for me. Better than 5.1.1 I think.

Vs chroma I like it more. I haven't had that stupid sign in bug. Which was my only real issue with chroma.

I think im going to give xtrasmooth a try. Which gapps do you use? I have some downloaded that were linked in the chroma rom page but i dont know if those will work. Thanks Zen

I have been running pure nexus and it has been solid, doesn't really have any modifications yet though. Also been using lean kernel, although it doesn't have kexec yet so can't be used on the primary slot of multirom.

I think im going to give xtrasmooth a try. Which gapps do you use? I have some downloaded that were linked in the chroma rom page but i dont know if those will work. Thanks Zen
You don't need Gapps for Xtrasmooth. It's a stock based ROM. Think of it like touchwiz vs AOSP. Stock nexus ROMs don't need Gapps. AOSP does.

Edited by Zenzr

You don't need Gapps for Xtrasmooth. It's a stock based ROM. Think of it like touchwiz vs AOSP. Stock nexus ROMs don't need Gapps. AOSP does.

Wow I guess a lot of phone stuff changes and you forget a lot of stuff if you haven't done any of this since my s3 lol thanks fellas

I'll probably update this weekend, only because not having the newest drives my OCD into a panic, then run stock until stable 6.0 ROMS are out. Be nice to find something other than Chroma. Not that it';s bad but just no variety in running the same old thing

I'll probably update this weekend, only because not having the newest drives my OCD into a panic, then run stock until stable 6.0 ROMS are out. Be nice to find something other than Chroma. Not that it';s bad but just no variety in running the same old thing

Try Xtrasmooth.

I've actually tried that ROM. I must say, I liked it. The only problem I had was audio issues when using my aux cord in my car. I thought my speakers we going out until I realized it was a software problem. Other than that, its still a good ROM none the less.

Edited by cdiamond

I've actually tried that ROM. I must say, I liked it. The only problem I had was audio issues when using my aux cord in my car. I thought my speakers we going out until I realized it was a software problem. Other than that, its still a good ROM none the less.

Aux works great for me. As does Bluetooth.

Yeah then idk why it wasn't working for me then lol

Weird lol. Hmm. I have not found any issues.

Yeah it is maybe it was a bad flash lol

Yeah it is maybe it was a bad flash lol

I should say I have it as my secondary ROM in multirom.

It is very useful, you can try a new ROM and not be out any time going back if it doesn't work out. Or have multiple ROMs installed and use a different one daily with nothing more than a reboot.

Also all installed ROMs share your sdcard so apps and games that save data to the sdcard are synced when switching ROMs.

Only down side... You will wish your internal memory was 1TB