Sign in to follow this  
lynyrd65

iPhone 6S and 6S+ support band 12 (no more crowded band 5)

Question

T-Mobile people are going nuts over this but I wasn't sure if USCC people were aware. The new iPhones support band 12 which means speeds should now be similar to your fellow android subs.

No more being relegated only to band 5.

Bad news for android users, you now have iPhone users contending for your band 12 700Mhz bandwidth. :P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 answers to this question

T-Mobile people are going nuts over this but I wasn't sure if USCC people were aware. The new iPhones support band 12 which means speeds should now be similar to your fellow android subs.

No more being relegated only to band 5.

Bad news for android users, you now have iPhone users contending for your band 12 700Mhz bandwidth. :P

I had read this too and was wondering if someone with an iPhone 6s or 6s plus can confirm this. Run field test mode to see what band the phone is using. Also, is it utilizing 10x10mhz lte or 5x5mhz lte like in band 5? Thanks.

USCC can only run 10x10Mhz band 12 in a few places. It requires them owning two contiguous blocks of 700Mhz to be able to do it.

If you know they have the spectrum in your area to do it (you've seen it on an android phone or you just know) then you should be able to access that network with this phone.

Edited by lynyrd65