Twiggy000b

Custom Roms

Probably in the wrong section, please move if need to.

But was wondering who is testing the current custom roms on xda for the note 5? i mean, were mostly using a sprint kernel for our root and boot. Iv'e tried a few with no success for getting signal, even with injecting the modem with odin. not a huge fan of touchwiz so hoping for that sweet aosp :)

Development is very limited on USCC. Especially on Note devices. Your best bet, honestly, is to get in touch with someone developing for another carrier and see if they're willing to port to us I think. Rarely will people build for USCC without knowing people will actually use their work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And why did you get a Note 5 if you don't like TouchWiz? There are several other phones of comparable size, much cheaper, and come with pure or near pure AOSP.

Shoulda got a Nexus. No TouchWizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz and pure AOSP. Completely comparable to the Note line.

There is a ROM out there called DarthStalker - which I have running on my note 3. I have not tested it for the note 5 yet or for any signal. I've found I pull a better signal and a faster download speed on the stock ROMS even with different modems. 

Here is the link to the file and the forum. Flash at your own risk!!

Download File: http://www.droidviews.com/darthstaker-rom-for-all-note-5-variants/

Forum:  http://forum.xda-developers.com/tmobile-galaxy-note5/development/rom-darthstalker-note5-version-1-aroma-t3212091  

I chose the Note 5 because the camera is far superior to anything but the LG G4 and its still slightly better than the G4's camera. Also I use an electronic grade book in the classes I teach so the S-Pen is nice. I was considering Nexus because I like AOSP much better, but the camera was really a kicker, plus I can get past most of the things I don't like about Touchwiz by using the Google Now launcher or the Trebuchet launcher, both of which are available in the Play Store.

There is a ROM out there called DarthStalker - which I have running on my note 3. I have not tested it for the note 5 yet or for any signal. I've found I pull a better signal and a faster download speed on the stock ROMS even with different modems. 

Here is the link to the file and the forum. Flash at your own risk!!

Download File: http://www.droidviews.com/darthstaker-rom-for-all-note-5-variants/

Forum:  http://forum.xda-developers.com/tmobile-galaxy-note5/development/rom-darthstalker-note5-version-1-aroma-t3212091  

If anyone tests this ROM please post back your results. I plan to do the same once i can get a backup onto an external drive :) Gotta be smart when it comes to your backups! 

ok so went to go install it and no support for us cellular... its an aroma installer and didnt give me an option for none of the above, BUT... if people are truely interested I just got a T-Mobile rom to boot using an arter97 kernel 9.4 i believe? yup, 9.4. im currently running Tekxodus Hybrid Rom and will get back with further results.

Edited by Twiggy000b

UPDATE: Did not work. nor did any of the other roms most likely because of them being gsm varient, so I tried the only sprint rom xda has to offer. It worked for a brif time, set up the phone, activated (using our modem and dialing *228) but after awhile it randomly reboots after 5 seconds on the homescreen, tried multiple kernels and such but no luck.

So, I shall attempt to put one together, off to learn! also theres a video of the s6 with cyanogenmod booting. meaning aosp code COULD be ported in the next few months. I think devs are waiting for marshmallow though.

Its a sprint rom in fact all of the sprint roms works for me just dirty flash and you will be set

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Try moar rom it works for me you got to dirty flash

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

What we're you using for Apn I couldn't get it to grab 4g only 3g even *228

On 3/23/2016 at 3:35 PM, gr33nd3vil said:

What we're you using for Apn I couldn't get it to grab 4g only 3g even *228

I am having the same issues on most sprint roms as well. Anyone have any better luck getting 4g to work?  I am still on the stock 6.0.1 TW 

I am having the same issues on most sprint roms as well. Anyone have any better luck getting 4g to work?  I am still on the stock 6.0.1 TW 

Nope gave up just using touch wiz with root and good lock from Samsung store.

Has anyone found a working custom ROM, yet? I would love to have one or even test one out if someone has one working on 4g.

Thanks for any feedback!

On 12/21/2016 at 11:16 AM, Jake Davis said:

Has anyone found a working custom ROM, yet? I would love to have one or even test one out if someone has one working on 4g.

Thanks for any feedback!

I think us Note 5 users will be out of luck.. hell I'm still waiting for the Nougat update OTA