• UMTS/WCDMA: B1/2/4/5/8
  • CDMA: BC0/1/10
  • LTE (FDD): B2/3/4/5/7/12/13/17/25/26/29/30

Nexus 5X

• GSM/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900MHz
  • LTE (FDD): B1/2/3/4/5/7/12/13/17/20/25/26/29

Those bands cover AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, and US Cellular, both 3G and LTE, so an unlocked phone from the Google Store will work on all of them with a compatible nano-SIM card. More exotic services like Republic Wireless are not included. International models of the 5X and 6P may vary slightly, but since the odd CDMA/GSM split in the US isn't present in most of the rest of the world, it's not a huge issue. Treat the new Nexus phones like any unlocked GSM-LTE device.

However, to answer your question directly; no, it is not yet official.

Several of us, including myself, have ordered them - thats how sure we are that it will work.   BUT - uscc and other carriers will NOT be carrying the phones in store or offering them on contract/financed.  You can only purchase it through Google/Huawei 

iRub1Out,

Should you not say, "for now" when you say, "uscc and other carriers will NOT be carrying these phones . . "?

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Edited by paul361

Google said that carriers wont be carrying the phone in their stores or on their websites, that you can only purchase it from them - so that could mean that at some point carriers will have it, but theres no way to know if they will or wont.

I just know that it's almost certain that uscc will activate it, even though they dont carry it.

Alright, so I'm struggling with new phone envy. I'm also struggling with carrying around a phablet. How are all you with these large phones carrying them around? Man purse? I like to keep mine in my front pocket. I refuse to have a phone sticking out of my back pocket like my daughter. Not my style.

Alright, so I'm struggling with new phone envy. I'm also struggling with carrying around a phablet. How are all you with these large phones carrying them around? Man purse? I like to keep mine in my front pocket. I refuse to have a phone sticking out of my back pocket like my daughter. Not my style.

I wear cargo shorts. Huge pockets mean big phones are no problem.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I wear cargo shorts in the summer, but Maine winters are brutal and I have to wear pants at work. Might have to look into some new pants. Those apple pants were kinda nice. Not.

Edited by zoodski

Indeed. They're a tight fight into jeans, but I buy ones with big pockets.

Edited by Zenzr

I wear levi 513 (straight slim) & 508 (tapered) jeans regularly and don't have a problem with my nexus 6. It fits fine and I keep it in my front left pocket always. My shorts I sort of have a problem, but its only when I'm sitting down and the slick nexus 6 slides out of my pocket if I'm not paying attention. Love my n6 though.

Hopefully the N6P is allowed on USCC without a hitch. It took me forever to get someone to activate my N6 the first time, but totally worth it. 

I wear Duluth Trading Flex Firehose pants. Deep-as-hell pockets, even a Nexus 9 would fit in them (it really actually might...?)

No issues here.

I used to wear Carhartt jeans - N6 sticks out of the pocket on those.

Well as long as you don't wear skinny emo jeans you should be just fine. My skinny jeans and regular jeans have nice wide and deep pockets. My emo friends and other weirdos who wear girl pants have a hard time with any phone.

The nexus 5x will officially be allowed to activate onto the network as coe. No mention of the 6 but if they allow one then certainly they will allow both.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

I just talked to a rep from uscellular and they said the 5x and 6p will not work on their network. I asked her to verify it with her manager and after a long wait the answer was no they won't work. I have a note 3 so I can't just switch the sim card to test it will work. Has anyone gotten official word that the 5x or 6p will work on us cellular? I've done alot research and we've decided on the nexus phones so if they don't work will be switching to another carrier. By the way alot of reps are confusing the nexus 6 with the 6p. Both us cellular and Verizon reps thought I was referring the the 6 because its in their database. I had to explain to them the 6p was this years model.

I'm pretty sure the 5x has been confirmed. So I don't see why the 6p wouldn't be.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

i carry it in my right hand. (Nexus6) Yes it is a big a***phone but I have big hands. I keep it in my pocket when walking, on my Qi charger plate in the office and at home, in the CD slot mount in the car.  With that said I never wear skinny jeans. Lol! You are dead on about the phones in the back pocket. I have to wonder how many phones get sit on and cracked? We need to develop a pocket sleeve with titanium rod corners for support  it might be uncomfortable to sit on but would prevent screen cracks from happening when you do sit. 

I feel like its some point somebody miss informed them that they could sit on them. I don't recall a time we're sitting on your phone with a curved part of your body was ever a good idea

Is anyone switching to the 6P? Looks like it may be a decent phone and they are claiming a snapdragon 810 "2.0 or 2.1" chip or something so it wont overheat like the "first gen" chip. I have never used wireless charging, kinda thought I was told it is hard on your battery so I wouldn't miss that but OIS i think i would.

Theyre just dummies.

They already said the 5x would - and it would make NO sense for the 6P not to - me thinks theyre just retards.

Android Police have confirmed that they will work on US Cellular the link to the original page is below and I also pasted the important part.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2015/09/29/the-nexus-5x-and-nexus-6p-are-compatible-with-project-fi-and-all-major-us-carriers/

Nexus 6P

• LTE (FDD): B2/3/4/5/7/12/13/17/25/26/29/30

Nexus 5X

• LTE (FDD): B1/2/3/4/5/7/12/13/17/20/25/26/29

Those bands cover AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, and US Cellular, both 3G and LTE, so an unlocked phone from the Google Store will work on all of them with a compatible nano-SIM card. More exotic services like Republic Wireless are not included. International models of the 5X and 6P may vary slightly, but since the odd CDMA/GSM split in the US isn't present in most of the rest of the world, it's not a huge issue. Treat the new Nexus phones like any unlocked GSM-LTE device.

The problem is that the policies are very contradictory. One policy states that only us cellular branded devices are property tested and configured to work on the network. Yet the same policy covering device unlocking policies state we can only activate verizon iphones and an ipad from any carrier if we also carry that model. On top of this our internal news feed states that we can activate the new moto x and the nexus 5x but we should not offer any support beyond activation. That's why you get contradicting answers.

The problem is that the policies are very contradictory. One policy states that only us cellular branded devices are property tested and configured to work on the network. Yet the same policy covering device unlocking policies state we can only activate verizon iphones and an ipad from any carrier if we also carry that model. On top of this our internal news feed states that we can activate the new moto x and the nexus 5x but we should not offer any support beyond activation. That's why you get contradicting answers.

But the Nexus 6 falls under that too, no?

Well it can I suppose.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It does, I had to double check because it has been added somewhat recently I think.