DBNathanPierce

Is this official?

But they activate non USCC nexus 6 devices too. Which the new nexus is no different.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I receive my 6P tomorrow. It just got shipped today so we will see what happens.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Pics or it didn't happen...

Sooooo....not exactly sure how to explain this one. I called to switch from my Nexus 6 to the 6P. Before calling I swapped the SIM to the new phone. 3G was working before calling. Called Rep and she asked for all the info. The SIM stayed the same of course and she took the new IMEI. Took a few minutes and said she need to put me on hold to ask her manager what to use for the device ID (she of course has not seen this device before). 

I was on hold for 5 minutes and she came back and told me that the 6P could not be activated on USC and that they made an exception for the 5X to work. I asked to speak to the manager because there is nothing technically stopping the phone from working. She stated that is who she just got done talking to.

I asked if she had switched the phones back and she said yes and I hung up.

Within 30 seconds of hanging up LTE kicked on on the 6P. I rebooted and all is still working. I tried *228 and it says that I need to call USC but I believe that is because their system is just not recognizing my model.

I'm going to let it ride and see what happens. If enough people over the next week or so calling and trying to activate...I think they would "officially" support it. It doesn't make any sense not to.

Sooooo....not exactly sure how to explain this one. I called to switch from my Nexus 6 to the 6P. Before calling I swapped the SIM to the new phone. 3G was working before calling. Called Rep and she asked for all the info. The SIM stayed the same of course and she took the new IMEI. Took a few minutes and said she need to put me on hold to ask her manager what to use for the device ID (she of course has not seen this device before).

I was on hold for 5 minutes and she came back and told me that the 6P could not be activated on USC and that they made an exception for the 5X to work. I asked to speak to the manager because there is nothing technically stopping the phone from working. She stated that is who she just got done talking to.

I asked if she had switched the phones back and she said yes and I hung up.

Within 30 seconds of hanging up LTE kicked on on the 6P. I rebooted and all is still working. I tried *228 and it says that I need to call USC but I believe that is because their system is just not recognizing my model.

I'm going to let it ride and see what happens. If enough people over the next week or so calling and trying to activate...I think they would "officially" support it. It doesn't make any sense not to.

I wonder what would have happened if you said it was a 5x or an x-pure instead? Shouldn't it work either way?

Well it was fun while it lasted...LTE still works but phone/sms are now gone. I am going to try to take up to a store tomorrow and see what happens.

Thanks guys for the idea...just called them back. They activated under the 5X and all is working. Phone/SMS/LTE all good!

Glad it works! I have a feeling they're lying about the 6P. I'm sure they'll officially allow it soon enough.

Thanks guys for the idea...just called them back. They activated under the 5X and all is working. Phone/SMS/LTE all good!

Thanks for the info. My 6P shows up tomorrow. Did you have to lie to them about it being a 5X? Or were they like "Yeah let's just put it in as a 5X and you'll be good." I have a feeling I'm gonna be facing some struggles when I go to activate it tomorrow.

I had to tell them 5X. They don't have the 6P device ID for their system. They had me on hold for 15 min so they could add my imei number to their system.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info. My 6P shows up tomorrow. Did you have to lie to them about it being a 5X? Or were they like "Yeah let's just put it in as a 5X and you'll be good." I have a feeling I'm gonna be facing some struggles when I go to activate it tomorrow.

If you don't want any hassle, tell them it's either a Nexus 6 or Moto X Pure Edition.  Telling them it's a Nexus 6 is the least like lying.  Otherwise they're just going to argue with you.

Edited by BoгИX

If you don't want any hassle, tell them it's either a Nexus 6 or Moto X Pure Edition.  Telling them it's a Nexus 6 is the least like lying.  Otherwise they're just going to argue with you.

Nexus 6 it is! Should I just use my nano sim card that I had for my Nexus 6?

Nexus 6 it is! Should I just use my nano sim card that I had for my Nexus 6?

Sure.  They need to know the SIM number, the IMEI of the phone, and then the device model.  It'll be easy to just say you got a new N6 and want to use the same SIM with a different IMEI, they'll never be the wiser AND you can instantly activate without having to wait on them to overnight you a new SIM.