DBNathanPierce

Is this official?

I love you guys.

I'm not nearly as worried now

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Love you too man.

Er, wait. I'm excited too. But not in that way. Ok maybe a little.

Just want to confirm, I got my 6P activated today over the phone. I told him it was a 5X and had no issues. All is well in the world.

How?

Tell them it's a Nexus 6 or 5X - worked for everyone else.

Finally. Whew, that was tough. I had to have the supervisor on duty help. I told her I had one more to do later today when u got home because I got one for my wife too. She said she put a note on my account so it'll be easier when I call back.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Because take all of your logical thinking and throw it out the window. That's how USCC operates anyway.

I got a little worked up on my first try last night and I think that it made it to the notes attached to my account. I wish I checked this forum before I called them the first time.

My wife actually went into the store today and had her 5x activated. When I log into the US cellular website it shows my 6p and her 5x both as Motorola 6.

I just tested it on my side. The product code for the Nexus 5x does work on the 6p. There's always the possibility that this could get your account flagged as fraud but that's unlikely

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

I just tested it on my side. The product code for the Nexus 5x does work on the 6p. There's always the possibility that this could get your account flagged as fraud but that's unlikely

How would they even know it was fraud?

The only way to really be able to tell is if you mention the fact that you activated the phone under the disguise another phone. Other than you giving yourself up there's no way they can really tell. On our side would just say customer owned device

so just dont be a dummy and admit that youre lying.

Just lie to them, you get it activated - it's a win/win - dont be honest because it will backfire.

I like this system!

Once US Cellular officially starts activating the Nexus 6p I don't think this will matter anymore because they will probably use the same code but better safe than sorry

Good to know... if they ever have a problem with it I'll just say I'm leaving for Verizon. See how quickly they suddenly don't care anymore. 

Hey all, 

When I called to activate for US Cellular, I told them that it was the Nexus 6P right away, of course they got stuck at the device ID for there system but only took 2 minutes for the agent to be told that they have to set that to the Nexus 6 64Gb. The device Id is only for warranty replacement for US Cellular, and it has no effect on how the device works on there network. Once they did that all was good. The only hiccup was that she entered the IMEI number in wrong the first time. So what was a 10 minute call did take 20 minute, but they are activating regardless.

Hey, I'm upgrading from a S5 which has a micro SIM to a 6p which uses a nano SIM. Should I cut the micro SIM I have or should I obtain a new nano SIM from US Cellular some how? If so how would I do that?

Call uscc and they will send you one. Free.

I wouldn't cut it. Now, you CAN, but a nano sim is free if you call.

Just wanted to add that I finally got my Nexus 6P today and was able to activate it very easily.  I was prepared before I called with IMEI number as well as the sim number written down and the sim card already in place. I was prepared to tell the lady who answered the it was a Nexus 5X but she never asked. She took my info spoke up and said "Oh you have the new Nexus." I politely said yes and we were done in under 10 with everything working well. I incredibly happy with this device. Thanks everyone for your advise previously mentioned in this topic!