CurbThePain

[Rom] Stock Deodexed Lollipop [5.0] [OF3] (More addons soon to come)

CurbThePain's Stock Deodexed Lollipop Rom for the US Cellular Galaxy S5 (klteusc)

READ THE WHOLE OP!

Disclaimer:

I am NOT responsible for anything that happens to you, your phone, or anything as a result of flashing this rom.

It is of your choice to flash said rom and or proceed to root your phone.

So don't blame me if your phone is dead, it is YOUR fault.

Other Info:

This rom doesnt come with a kernel, it is just the system partition on its own.

It has not been debloated and has not been modified in any way other than being deodexed. 

Use/Download any G900F touchwiz kernel that supports 5.0 lollipop. 

You can find the kernels over on xda developers forums. Thanks

Downloads:

Changelog:

Changelog:
10-23-2015- 
-Initial Release

Edited by CurbThePain

I'm still on kk and it's so stable, not sure I want to move to this yet.

I assume it would be best to Ota to highest stock first?

Also assuming this was de odexed for compatability of xposed, anyone try that yet?

Sent from my SM-G900R4

If your gonna install this, update to of3 via Ota and then flash twrp and install this. Don't wipe data or anything.. I'm using this as my daily driver and decided I'd upload it ^^ also use xposed for TouchWiz lollipop 5.0 (not the version by wanam). It works with wanam toolkit for lollipop and a lot of other modules.

Edited by CurbThePain

Do you have a link for the xposed you are running?

I can PM you a link, but I don't want to post it incase it violates any rules. But I am using

Xposed for Samsung [LP] 3.0 alpha 4 v75.6

on Fusion Rom for my S5.

it boots and i get the google play services has stopped error. I flashed the KT-SgS5 kernel for touchwiz lollipop. Did i do everything correct or what am I missing?

Won't go into detail but same for me and here is what I did in this thread

http://teamuscellular.com/Forum/index.php?/topic/8391-Deodexed-lollipop-touchwiz-rom

Deodexed lollipop touchwiz rom

Here it is if you don't want to click the link

Downloading now. Will report back later on outcome.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

So it does boot but. ..

1. Google play fc over and over.

2. Gets stuck on checking connection.

Never got past it. Just sits there and all the while Google play is force closing.

Could be that I didn't flash a kernel to because I didn't think it would matter.

Just downloaded a couple kernels.

Gonna try again.

OK. It works. Here is how I got it working. Don't know if I had to do all of what I did but it's working and I'm using xposed!

Kept sticking at the checking connection screen and also google play was force closing so. ..I booted into recovery and restored from my nandroid backup "boot" thinking this would get me past the "checking connection" screen. While there I figured I would restore data as well (not sure on this step or the other mind you) thinking it would restore Google play but don't know. Any way. Restarted and let it sit while I made a snack. Came back and it was booted up. Had to update supersu binary. Rooted. So then the only smart thing to do was to try xposed. Went with out a hitch. No problem. Only module I've tried so far was APM+ and it works.

Thank you very much CurbThePain!

Now I can play!

You totally rock man!

Edited by slim2none4u

did you compile this before he added oat2dex v7 or after? I saw where you didn't include a kernel, any reason why? I might deodex it again with the latest version of his tool which should include oat2dex and fix the issues with play store. I'll try to put the kernel in it as well. ill be back with the results lol

did you compile this before he added oat2dex v7 or after? I saw where you didn't include a kernel, any reason why? I might deodex it again with the latest version of his tool which should include oat2dex and fix the issues with play store. I'll try to put the kernel in it as well. ill be back with the results lol

I'll flash yours too!!!

Totally flashaholic!

I'd like to try this, or possibly customize it. I didn't see a suggestion as to a kernel? I'd like to try this one:

http://www.boeffla-kernel.de/index.php/downloads-samsung-phones

Has anyone tried this? I'd like a few more kernel modules like NFS and NTFS that this provides. Overclocking a bit might be nice on a stock ROM also?

If there are any other kernels that work, I'd appreciate a link or suggestion?

Use the stock kernel if you want. Its built on stock.

The Sammy kernel is hard to beat as far as optimization - that's the one thing they did petty well.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Are there any other kernels known to work? I like to experiment, I'm constantly changing what I would like :)

Another thought - I'd like a fairly complete deodexed/customized a bit (remove some bloat) and then make it a .zip file to flash with TWRP. The stock has a boot and recovery .img in the .md5 file (for ODIN), so if I could make a stock restore of some kind? I'm still not really clear exactly what filesystems and directories are included in custom ROMs and I see they all modify an installer zip script in the META directory.

Any knowlege passed along would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

This is an awesome tool I just found: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2597220 We shall see how it goes :)

Edited by brianinmaine

Are there any other kernels known to work? I like to experiment, I'm constantly changing what I would like :)

Another thought - I'd like a fairly complete deodexed/customized a bit (remove some bloat) and then make it a .zip file to flash with TWRP. The stock has a boot and recovery .img in the .md5 file (for ODIN), so if I could make a stock restore of some kind? I'm still not really clear exactly what filesystems and directories are included in custom ROMs and I see they all modify an installer zip script in the META directory.

Any knowlege passed along would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

This is an awesome tool I just found: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2597220 We shall see how it goes :)

If you come up with something I'll be your flash monkey...

Back on stock deodexed xposed for now but flashing every day different MM builds. The talk of dropping klte support on the CM thread makes me want to just stay on stock. ...time will tell though

The guy that makes the unofficial build for klte (Matt) is now the maintainer for official. At worst they were just going to drop Unofficial support, wouldn't have affected uscc versions anyway

Sent from my SM-G900R4

http://forum.xda-developers.com/chef-central/android/kitchen-superrs-kitchen-t3202296

I was able to take my stock BOG2 ROM and make a deodexed, rooted, busybox added, knox removed, version that I booted and installed. I only had it running for a bit, as I wanted to debloat more of the Samsung stuff. I have been searching high and low for good lists of what all the system apks are for and what I don't want to have part up my more minimal setup.

I only got this phone (I used to have an iphone) a few weeks ago, so I'm learning as fast as I can :)  Any links or pointers to good debloat lists for US Cell Samsung would be awesome!

Last time I remember seeing a debloat list was on the S3 threads. I can't say for sure. But just removing all the uscc crap would be a great start...mobile TV, tone room, your navigator gameloft etc...

To add

If you have a link I'll give it a try as well

Edited by slim2none4u