I don't understand it! I see a lot of people on here and XDA that will get 5, 6, and even 7 hours of SOT. I usually get around 3 or 3.5 hours. I cant believe i'm doing something so wrong that i could double that amount of time. What am i doing wrong that everyone else seems to have figured out?

What's your brightness set at, and is it adaptive?

I get 3-4 tops, myself.

Use black wallpapers, too that can help.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Here is a less than average day for me. I'm normally closer to 5hrs sot. I have my brightness slider set to zero and its still more than bright enough inside. I will say I get much better battery life on lte than WiFi. I've read there is some issue with WiFi draining the battery faster. I by no means make it a full day without at least having to charge for 20 minutes

post-5051-144594642464_thumb.png

What's your brightness set at, and is it adaptive?

I get 3-4 tops, myself.

Use black wallpapers, too that can help.

i have always used darker backgrounds but i just switched to one that is mostly black. I always have my brightness now more than 25% of the way up on the slider, so relatively low i felt. Makes me feel better than 3-4 may be a better average than 5-7 SOT. I was really having a hard time figuring that out. 

Here is a less than average day for me. I'm normally closer to 5hrs sot. I have my brightness slider set to zero and its still more than bright enough inside. I will say I get much better battery life on lte than WiFi. I've read there is some issue with WiFi draining the battery faster. I by no means make it a full day without at least having to charge for 20 minutes

attachicon.gifScreenshot_20151014-002942.png

I may try leaving my phone on LTE today vs WIFI. I just like that free data LOL

I personally think 5-7 is more than normal.

3-4 - average

5 - pretty good

6 - you're trying

7+ - you're trying too hard and people will get unrealistic expectations of SOT.

That's my opinion.

I could get 10+ if I have my screen purposely set to stay on, at 0% brightness with a screen filter applied (screen is unusable and too dark even for a moonless night) but da** it I'll get 10 hours SOT.

If that makes sense.

I personally think 5-7 is more than normal.

3-4 - average

5 - pretty good

6 - you're trying

7+ - you're trying too hard and people will get unrealistic expectations of SOT.

That's my opinion.

I could get 10+ if I have my screen purposely set to stay on, at 0% brightness with a screen filter applied (screen is unusable and too dark even for a moonless night) but da** it I'll get 10 hours SOT.

If that makes sense.

Makes 100% sense. That's kind of what im thinking. I'm not going to make my phone unusable just so i can get 7 hours of SOT. To be 100% honest I not on my phone anywhere near 7 hours a day but i can tell how my battery goes down that 3-4 hours is what i would get and it is what i have gotten. Maybe today will be different with some adjusted settings. 

Using the stock slider set at zero is plenty bright. I don't use any extra layer thing over the screen. This is the brightest phone I've had on zero.

post-5051-144595372166_thumb.png

I don't see how 3-4 is even average. I've never been able to get this. I go about 24 hours on battery and usually get 1.5 to maybe 2 hours SOT if I'm lucky. I've factory reset, I use low brightness, greenify and the works. What am I doing wrong? Nothing apparently.

I don't see how 3-4 is even average. I've never been able to get this. I go about 24 hours on battery and usually get 1.5 to maybe 2 hours SOT if I'm lucky. I've factory reset, I use low brightness, greenify and the works. What am I doing wrong? Nothing apparently.

OK well I guess I don't do that bad, wow!

I miss my note 2. I could get 4-5 hours (i've even done 8 hours) on average with it over 24 hours. And the standby time is incredible. Android 4.4+ sucks for battery life.

I miss my note 2. I could get 4-5 hours (i've even done 8 hours) on average with it over 24 hours. And the standby time is incredible. Android 4.4+ sucks for battery life.

Standby time on 6.0 have been remarkable for me so far. I have made a couple of small changes and so far my sot has been better today. I can't wait to hear the nexus 6P battery life reports. Next year I will upgrade.

What's your battery life like on standby? My note 2 is currently on 15 days of standby, with 45% left and 38 minutes SOT. I use it for my Chromecast.. I'm lucky to get 2 days on my nexus.

Edited by na7q

What's your battery life like on standby? My note 2 is currently on 15 days of standby, with 45% left and 38 minutes SOT. I use it for my Chromecast.. I'm lucky to get 2 days on my nexus.

Lmao, OK well we have two different standards of "good" standby time. I'm sure if I didn't touch it and had mobile data turned off I would get a few days but not 15 I wouldn't think.

Edited by snoprosledneck88

I doubt anyone is doing anything wrong - I think I personally get 2.5 - 3 hours SOT - 3 being the high end that I VERY rarely see before it's on a charger, HOWEVER, I generally never go below 30% battery anyway - I dont intentionally charge it at 30% but thats where it seems to always be around when I go to bed and throw it on the charger.

Hmm. I'm on 10-15 or dead by the time I get to charging it after the 24 hours. Welp. Back to the flip phones I go. 2 weeks on battery? No problem!

I do miss that - my old rokr could easily go a week with what i considered heavy use.

having a 1.5" 144x144 display (if that) kinda helped im sure, but... eh... dare to dream!

My boss makes fun of me. He charges his Verizon flip phone ever Sunday. And here I am with 20k+ mah of batteries and I can't make it a week lol.

A week...

Were over here - some struggling to make it a full work day and YOURE worried about making it a WEEK!?

You make me feel sad.

Haven't seen more than 28 hours since my Rokr.

A week...

Were over here - some struggling to make it a full work day and YOURE worried about making it a WEEK!?

You make me feel sad.

Haven't seen more than 28 hours since my Rokr.

My old work phone was a droid maxx (just before the turbo) that would get 2 days of battery life but I didn't use it as much as my personal phone. My new work phone has atrocious battery life! Galaxy s6, yuk!

That's the 3rd time today I've heard someone say that the S6 battery (specifically SOT) was unacceptable for how highly touted it is.

Huh... Me thinks its a sign...

That's the 3rd time today I've heard someone say that the S6 battery (specifically SOT) was unacceptable for how highly touted it is.

Huh... Me thinks its a sign...

My s6 has 1hr30min of sot and I charged it while in the car today going to Chicago. Was on the car charger for about 40-50 min. That is really sad if you ask me

I'm 9 hours on battery with 53 minutes SOT and 59% battery left. I've been at 10 feet from the (micro) cell tower and wifi network all day. This is honestly pathetic. Meanwhile my note 2 is hovering at 14.5 days and 45% battery left with 40 minutes SOT.

I'm 9 hours on battery with 53 minutes SOT and 59% battery left. I've been at 10 feet from the (micro) cell tower and wifi network all day. This is honestly pathetic. Meanwhile my note 2 is hovering at 14.5 days and 45% battery left with 40 minutes SOT.

Yeah I don't know is going on with your phone. I had 2hr 45min sot and 1hr 30min talk time when I went to bed last night and still had 40% battery left.

Edit: that was with 13 or 14 hours on battery

Edited by snoprosledneck88

It's not even my phone. My buddy has identical battery life. So I wonder what you guys are doing differently. I'm currently at 21 hours on battery. With 1.5 hours SOT. 29% battery left.

Are you rooted? Xposed? ROM?