It's not even my phone. My buddy has identical battery life. So I wonder what you guys are doing differently. I'm currently at 21 hours on battery. With 1.5 hours SOT. 29% battery left.

Are you rooted? Xposed? ROM?

I'm Rooted, on stock 6.0 with Elementalx Kernel. I don't know what i'm doing different. I started this thread because I felt like i was on the low end of the spectrum and my sot was poor. Now im starting to see it's not to bad lol

Well you're on 6.0. That explains a lot. There's supposed to be great improvements on it. 

Well you're on 6.0. That explains a lot. There's supposed to be great improvements on it. 

Your right, they have. I still don't remember my 5.1.1 being that bad but maybe it was. Quite frankly there are days that i dont use my phone that much so if i get an 1 hour of SOT it because i havent used it that much. The last few days i have been using my phone more just to see what time of sot i can get.

Honestly, I don't find much of a difference in battery life between 5.1.1 and 6.0, other than standby time while the device is laying still on a table for a LONG period of time, like overnight

For example, last night I went to bed with 91% battery and woke up 6 hours later with 88%. But when its in my pocket or while im using it, battery life is nearly identical for me

Edited by ajhman

Honestly, I don't find much of a difference in battery life between 5.1.1 and 6.0, other than standby time while the device is laying still on a table for a LONG period of time, like overnight

For example, last night I went to bed with 91% battery and woke up 6 hours later with 88%. But when its in my pocket or while im using it, battery life is nearly identical for me

Ya know I think that my run time is a little better also but that could just be a placebo effect.

Different people may have different usage scenarios as well, so something that doesn't affect me, may affect you. 

Also, na7q, are you on stock rom/kernel?

post-4800-144608400236_thumb.pngpost-4800-144608400607_thumb.pngpost-4800-144608400984_thumb.png

So I getting ready for bed and this is where I'm at. I know its not a lot of use compared to what some people get but.... I have been on it pretty heavy since I have got home. Phone calls were over Bluetooth.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

post-4800-144610756727_thumb.pngpost-4800-144610757796_thumb.png

Dat standby tho!

Figured I would leave it off the charger last night for fun. I wanted to see true doze standby and how much screen time I could get ha-ha. Coming up on almost 24 hrs off the charger.

How the eff are you people doing this? This is crap! I hit 2% with 2 hours screen on time with 24 hours battery.

How the eff are you people doing this? This is crap! I hit 2% with 2 hours screen on time with 24 hours battery.

post-4800-144612823494_thumb.pngpost-4800-144612823928_thumb.png

Sorry for the skip in the battery time line had to reboot. At 40% with a little over 3hrs sot and over 24 hrs off charger

Looks like your phone was off for a while there. And I just don't get it. You guys got something going on. I downloaded Gsam to see more battery stats. So far it looks like no apps are killing it.

I'm not doing anything. I intentionally set my screen off time to 30 minutes just to dry test it.

I'm still using if normally - just never turning the screen off.

a0597eb8d6eb6f97ae2086ed5b3cb8b4.jpg83ef45a5b306615581cab2032608556e.jpg

Looks like your phone was off for a while there. And I just don't get it. You guys got something going on. I downloaded Gsam to see more battery stats. So far it looks like no apps are killing it.

My son grabbed my phone and it rebooted. If you reboot your phone it will show a jump in the time line like that. It was not off for anymore than 20 seconds

Weird. 6.0 bug? And I hate you all. Haha. I'm currently at 87%. 21 minutes SOT and 3 hours on battery.

Weird. 6.0 bug? And I hate you all. Haha. I'm currently at 87%. 21 minutes SOT and 3 hours on battery.

Could be a bug or just how the system interprets a reboot. I have no idea. Any reason you haven't switched over to 6.0?

Bout 100. Contains Fi bugs (LTE band 12 specifically doesn't work), no Xposed. Without Xposed I won't be going anywhere.

Bout 100. Contains Fi bugs (LTE band 12 specifically doesn't work), no Xposed. Without Xposed I won't be going anywhere.

Fairly sure you can run marshmallow then flash the 5.1.1 radio so you have band 12. (I think i read that somewhere) As for xposed i have no idea

Rub, how is your battery doing? It was looking good earlier First time that I have ever went two days on a charge in a long long time. I take that back i did have a crazy big extended battery for my s3 but i bet it was a blackberry curve before that. My s3 had a 5 or 7k extended battery. Anker from amazon. IDK, it was big