carguy83

Google Project Fi

Anybody going to try Fi on their 6p or 5x? Seems like a pretty good deal.

Sent from my LGUS990 using Tapatalk

I really want to try it with my nexus 6 but I'm not sure it would be good in my area and I'm on a plan with my in-laws and only pay $60 a month and that's with 5GB. I think I will try it next year with the new nexus when my contract ends. I want to be done with contracts anyways.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Wow. How are you only paying that much for that? Someone must be cutting you a deal? And it will be good in your area. US Cellular is good no? If it is, you're set with good Fi coverage.

Wow. How are you only paying that much for that? Someone must be cutting you a deal? And it will be good in your area. US Cellular is good no? If it is, you're set with good Fi coverage.

That's how much my part of the bill is. We are on a older plan so the data pricing was better back then. I'm confused by what you said. If you I have good coverage with Us Cellular then I will have good coverage with Project Fi. They are different carriers. Fi is t-mo and sprint

That's how much my part of the bill is. We are on a older plan so the data pricing was better back then. I'm confused by what you said. If you I have good coverage with Us Cellular then I will have good coverage with Project Fi. They are different carriers. Fi is t-mo and sprint

Fi also roams on VZW and USC 3G with no throttling

Even with the older plans it's not that cheap... I had an an ancient 5GB data plan until the day I left. It was about $82 after taxes. 

And yes, if you have US Cellular coverage you will have Fi. Fi uses T-Mobile & Sprint as a base, then AT&T, US Cellular and Verizon as roaming if neither are available. No roaming charges obviously.

A lot of horrible blog sites are lying about this saying that it's only T-Mo and Sprint and no roaming, but it's basically everyone. I've tested it through and through on everyone except AT&T, because AT&T has the worlds worst coverage.

Edited by na7q

Even with the older plans it's not that cheap... I had an an ancient 5GB data plan until the day I left. It was about $82 after taxes.

And yes, if you have US Cellular coverage you will have Fi. Fi uses T-Mobile & Sprint as a base, then AT&T, US Cellular and Verizon as roaming if neither are available. No roaming charges obviously.

A lot of horrible blog sites are lying about this saying that it's only T-Mo and Sprint and no roaming, but it's basically everyone. I've tested it through and through on everyone except AT&T, because AT&T has the worlds worst coverage.

The plan I'm on is a family plan with 4 phones. I don't know how it's that cheap but that's what I pay. I'm really really wanting to use Fi now! So if your on Verizon USC or anyone else its just 3g roaming?

The plan I'm on is a family plan with 4 phones. I don't know how it's that cheap but that's what I pay. I'm really really wanting to use Fi now! So if your on Verizon USC or anyone else its just 3g roaming?

Yeah, no 4G roaming, as per usual

Omg Fi just got even more legit. Heck yeah I want to switch today! Now what about for phone calls? It seems like Fi will get service anywhere as long as a company has a tower somewhere near there.

Omg Fi just got even more legit. Heck yeah I want to switch today! Now what about for phone calls? It seems like Fi will get service anywhere as long as a company has a tower somewhere near there.

Correct

Correct
I want to switch now then! That's crazy awesome!

Correct

And then *maybe* after the 4G roaming agreement with TMO we will have 4G roaming on Fi through USCC?  Just a thought, though it may not materialize in this way.  Often sub-carriers (like Boost or MetroPCS) get to use the towers from a big-league carrier but don't share the same roaming agreements.

Correct

And then *maybe* after the 4G roaming agreement with TMO we will have 4G roaming on Fi through USCC? Just a thought, though it may not materialize in this way. Often sub-carriers (like Boost or MetroPCS) get to use the towers from a big-league carrier but don't share the same roaming agreements.
Yeah that would be crazy legit. I'm seriously looking into this further. I really wish I didn't have another year of my contract left. I will definitely be on Fi when the next nexus drops!

I'm hoping for LTE roaming. I think it would make Fi the go to carrier for any single plan user. If it isn't already! It is for me! I've switched my mom over and I'll be switching over whenever I decide to pay off my Nexus. So maybe by next year or summer at the latest.

If you have multiple people on the old Belief Plans (essential 1500) with a Partner discount, you essentially can split the bill up evenly amongst those people. I still have that plan with 3 people on our plan.

$140 (2 lines) + $40 (3rd line) = $180 - 15% discount (10% PED + 5% autopay) = $153 + ~14.75% for taxes and fees = $175.56 / 3 people = $58.52 per person. 

It's why I don't mind paying $20 for it a month even if I don't use it that much. It's worth it for when I travel to at least have 3G. No it's not super fast, but it sure beats the hell out of no data on USCC.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you have multiple people on the old Belief Plans (essential 1500) with a Partner discount, you essentially can split the bill up evenly amongst those people. I still have that plan with 3 people on our plan.

$140 (2 lines) + $40 (3rd line) = $180 - 15% discount (10% PED + 5% autopay) = $153 + ~14.75% for taxes and fees = $175.56 / 3 people = $58.52 per person. 

Well I was on a 2 line plan (Essential 1500 / $140) and it came out to 164 after taxes on average. No insurance or anything else added. So you got it good! "Good".

It's why I don't mind paying $20 for it a month even if I don't use it that much. It's worth it for when I travel to at least have 3G. No it's not super fast, but it sure beats the hell out of no data on USCC.

You only have 3G cause of the 6.0 Band 12 LTE bug. And you don't pay $20 if you pause your service when you aren't using it. You pay by the hour. You roughly pay 3 cents per hours of activated service. Which I love that fact.

Well I was on a 2 line plan (Essential 1500 / $140) and it came out to 164 after taxes on average. No insurance or anything else added. So you got it good! "Good".

You only have 3G cause of the 6.0 Band 12 LTE bug. And you don't pay $20 if you pause your service when you aren't using it. You pay by the hour. You roughly pay 3 cents per hours of activated service. Which I love that fact.
Project Fi just keeps getting better and better. My wife is even starting to like the sounds of it!

So let me ask this. I seen on the Fi website after some digging you can pause your service for up to 3 months. So how long do you have to un-pause it for before you can pause it again? J/W

Edited by snoprosledneck88

There is a 0 second pause limit. but in reality it takes about 10-15 minutes (on average for me) to FULLY activate service. GSM activates instantly. Then it takes a few seconds to pause it. There is no limit on how often you do this. Any calls or texts you receive while paused will not be received even upon activation.

There is a 0 second pause limit. but in reality it takes about 10-15 minutes (on average for me) to FULLY activate service. GSM activates instantly. Then it takes a few seconds to pause it. There is no limit on how often you do this. Any calls or texts you receive while paused will not be received even upon activation.

So I can pause the account for the 3 month time limit, in pause it for an hour and re pause it for 3 more months?

Yes. 

Yes. 

Are you sure that's correct? I thought it was different. 

How would one go about finding out. It does seem weird that they would "Hold your spot" and never receive any real amount of payment