carguy83

Google Project Fi

Yes. 

Yes. 

Are you sure that's correct? I thought it was different. 

How would one go about finding out. It does seem weird that they would "Hold your spot" and never receive any real amount of payment 

Contact their support via chat, email or phone call. They've always been super helpful to me. 

What happens if I won't be using my phone for a bit and I decide to pause my service?

While you pause your service, your number will not be usable and will be frozen. Numbers, calls, and texts will be refused. You also can only pause your service once every 12 months.

What happens if I won't be using my phone for a bit and I decide to pause my service?

While you pause your service, your number will not be usable and will be frozen. Numbers, calls, and texts will be refused. You also can only pause your service once every 12 months.

I've paused my service 3 times since September, so that part isn't true. 

It was on the community site... i dunno

I just keep seeing this "You can only pause your service one time during your billing cycle.  If you haven't resumed service after three months, it will automatically turn back on." 

I just keep seeing this "You can only pause your service one time during your billing cycle. If you haven't resumed service after three months, it will automatically turn back on."

Isn't biling cycle cycle 1 month? Edited by Coolasice

I just keep seeing this "You can only pause your service one time during your billing cycle. If you haven't resumed service after three months, it will automatically turn back on."

Isn't bilingual cycle 1 month?
That's the way I'm reading it. Above you said that you can only pause your account once every 12 months

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

That's the way I'm reading it. Above you said that you can only pause your account once every 12 months

The first one was from a project fi community site, the second direct from google... I would say the second one to be the official one

The first one was from a project fi community site, the second direct from google... I would say the second one to be the official one
I got ya. OK we are on the same page then I was starting to get confused haha. So you can pause for 3 months pay for a month then pause for 3 months so if you never use it you would pay $80 a year or equal to 6.67 a month. And really you could disable the data and just use it on WiFi and calls and texts but then again MMS wouldn't work.

I got ya. OK we are on the same page then I was starting to get confused haha. So you can pause for 3 months pay for a month then pause for 3 months so if you never use it you would pay $80 a year or equal to 6.67 a month. And really you could disable the data and just use it on WiFi and calls and texts but then again MMS wouldn't work.

Not with that number, pausing pauses EVERYTHING, no sms,mms,calls, data,hangouts...

Not with that number, pausing pauses EVERYTHING, no sms,mms,calls, data,hangouts...
I know I was saying to just disable the data in-between pauses. I'm really just talking out my a** about a dumb idea! Lmao! Never mind haha

I know I was saying to just disable the data in-between pauses. I'm really just talking out my a** about a dumb idea! Lmao! Never mind haha

10-4

Yes it's correct

I've paused my service about 5 times in the last two weeks.

Last month I paused around 15 times.

Refer to previous.

No. You don't get charged if you're paused. Like I said previously. It's basically 3 cents per hour when activated, if it's not, you won't be charged a penny.

The documents say one thing but are another. I paused around 15 times last month and 5 this month. There appears to be no limit.

I have $45 in credits. First month I paid $34 and refunded $25. Then credited $20 for other reasons. Second month. I'm only up to 56 cents of use.

No. You don't get charged if you're paused. Like I said previously. It's basically 3 cents per hour when activated, if it's not, you won't be charged a penny.

The documents say one thing but are another. I paused around 15 times last month and 5 this month. There appears to be no limit.

I have $45 in credits. First month I paid $34 and refunded $25. Then credited $20 for other reasons. Second month. I'm only up to 56 cents of use.

So do you just have it to supplement your primary carrier? Only use it when they don't have service?

I use it for testing and playing around with just because I can. And cause I have AT&T. So I have service almost nowhere compared to everyone else. Or I walk inside a building and lose service. Top reason I hate GSM and AT&T, I walk in a building and I lose service the majority of the time!

I use it for testing and playing around with just because I can. And cause I have AT&T. So I have service almost nowhere compared to everyone else. Or I walk inside a building and lose service. Top reason I hate GSM and AT&T, I walk in a building and I lose service the majority of the time!

Hey that makes me wonder.... Have you tested your battery life on Fi vs at&t? Maybe the phone is using so much juice searching for signal. Just a thought.

Such crap that Sprint pulls with the SIM cards  -_-

Blah.

Edited by na7q

Is there any source to Fi roaming on AT&T, Verizon, and US Cellular? Trying to get my wife to switch to Fi. I can take $25-30 off her monthly phone bill AND get her a new Nexus 5X (she's not interested in the 6P based on size) with double the storage of her current phone, not to mention better specs all around, but she's worried that she won't get signal where she works out in the boonies, but US Cellular is fine (and Verizon is better, in many areas). And I want the 128GB 6P, but I gotta wait until the middle of June when my Verizon contract is up. (I can save money too, even by making monthly payments on Fi's most expensive phone.)

And what's up with pausing cell phone service? Why would you do that, unless you were a sailor going on a sub for months at a time?

Sorry, I can't afford to pay full price (or close to it). I would have to make payments on Project Fi. Otherwise, I totally would.

I can confirm it works in US Cellular. I have also locked it on to Verizon (which I haven't been able to do recently, so roaming on them may be out of the game). I need to test it out though. As for AT&T I haven't been able to get it to roam on that. Otherwise I can confrim that is works on USCC as I use them daily with Fi. Since the 6.0 update, it will no longer show it's roaming when not on Sprint or T-Mobile. And even if you select the most expensive plan, you only pay for what you use aside from the first payment.

And I pause because you literally pay by the hour for active service.