carguy83

Google Project Fi

I upgraded my home internet so I can be on wifi at home. Not sure what my usage will be, but I signed up for 3GB's. Bill is $53.33 per month.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

22 hours ago, mweba said:

On BETA 7.1.1 for the last two days, I now can not receive calls, wifi or cellular.  Been on the phone with tech four times with no remedy.   May be a coincidence but I wouldn't recommend BETA on fi as of yet.

My issue is sorted.  One of the previous techs switched some setting that should have been left alone.  After a sharp forum response, I got someone to change it.

After one week on Fi, I'm pretty satisfied. Few quirks here and there but I attribute that to just figuring the new service out some more. It was nice going to Raleigh, NC and finally having real service for the first time in 16 years lol. The only thing that is bothering me is that my wife's phone also 6p wants to connect to sprint tower at home and mine stays connected to USCC, which definitely has better connection at my house.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I think I'm gonna try it for a week or so and see how it works at my home first. I am a bit weary of data usage tho.

It's been great for me. Had two calls that the other people could barely hear me but haven't had that since. I just love that my bill will be so much less and have better coverage.

My pixel was trying to connect to T-Mobile Sunday after I activated it. I noticed a Fi update, and since I updated it I've been on USCC ever since.

Apparently It loves t-mobile and sprint a lot... Even though I know USCC is the dominant carrier around here

Yea I have.. I'm on version L2. 9.07. The service hasn't really suffered I suppose it just seems it prefers those over USCC. Hell maybe they are better lol.

Hey Fi Guys!  

Fi is doing some cool holiday promo stuff here:  https://fiholiday.withgoogle.com/

And there's a gift of $10 in Google Play credits for each member!  I'm not a member yet so I don't know how to get it, but I've heard it's real.  Check it out and report back if you get it.

Yeah, you can open the Google fi app and there is a snowflake in the lower right hand corner. Tapping it takes you there. This week is $10 play store credit.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Yeah, you can open the Google fi app and there is a snowflake in the lower right hand corner. Tapping it takes you there. This week is $10 play store credit.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

+1 got mine... It expires quickly,. Like 30 days

Fellow Fi user checking in!

I've been on Fi for about 6 months and have been very happy with it. 

Overall coverage has been great (central and western Wisconsin) and I really love all the features it has. The biggest being that I can call and text from my desktop.  

For as smart of a guy as you are I would of expected more iR10. 

To do it you need to have hangouts be your SMS app on your phone. 

Next go to mail.google.com or hangouts.google.com and you should see all your messages. I use it all the time cause its way faster to type on a full blown keyboard, and when I am on call for a work call I can still have my hands available if I am working with a client. I use my headset and it works great.  

There's lots of text-from-desktop platforms...

the OG was MightyText way back in the day, but it's a bit deprecated now.

Then there was Pushbullet, which still works fine but they decided to go with a subscription service to continue having full functionality.

Then there was Messenger (not to be confused with any other app of that name) by the guy who made EvolveSMS and Talon for Twitter.  It's called PulseSMS now, and it's free.  It's a really cool platform, if I may say so myself, and I love free stuff.

And now Join, by joaoapps (the guy who makes TONS of Tasker plugins), which is a cheaper Pushbullet Pro alternative that does notification mirroring, reply to Android notifications from desktop (hangouts, email, text, calls, Allo, WhatsApp, etc) and also easily lets you share files between multiple devices.  Like Pushbullet, just doesn't have ALL the features, and it's like a one-time $2.99 as opposed to PBPro which is like $5/month or some crap.

I've been texting from my desktop for like four years.  Get with the times, Rub!

Edited by BoгИX

6 minutes ago, iR1O said:

i THOUGHT thats how that worked - but i dont use hangouts for sms.  

thanks!

You should use hangouts for sms ;) Makes things a lot easier in my opinion. BorNX any good way for my roommate who has an iphone to get sms on his PC? Besides running a hacked VM of OSX to get iMessage? -Yes I've done that haha

1 hour ago, BoгИX said:

There's lots of text-from-desktop platforms...

the OG was MightyText way back in the day, but it's a bit deprecated now.

Then there was Pushbullet, which still works fine but they decided to go with a subscription service to continue having full functionality.

Then there was Messenger (not to be confused with any other app of that name) by the guy who made EvolveSMS and Talon for Twitter.  It's called PulseSMS now, and it's free.  It's a really cool platform, if I may say so myself, and I love free stuff.

And now Join, by joaoapps (the guy who makes TONS of Tasker plugins), which is a cheaper Pushbullet Pro alternative that does notification mirroring, reply to Android notifications from desktop (hangouts, email, text, calls, Allo, WhatsApp, etc) and also easily lets you share files between multiple devices.  Like Pushbullet, just doesn't have ALL the features, and it's like a one-time $2.99 as opposed to PBPro which is like $5/month or some crap.

I've been texting from my desktop for like four years.  Get with the times, Rub!

I remember using Evolve for a long time. Did he abandon it or is it just another project?

I remember using Evolve for a long time. Did he abandon it or is it just another project?

EvolveSMS is still going strong. PulseSMS is a separate project that allows SMS integration between all platforms - Chrome, tablet, web, and phone.

Sent from my thingyding straight to your eyeholes using Crapatalk.