Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JohnB

Moto X Stagefright OTA Update (flashable)

18 posts in this topic

**WARNING - Flashing, Hacking, or otherwise modifying your phone can break it!!**

That said - I managed to capture the Stagefright OTA update for the Moto X and did a little "tweaking" on it to allow for TWRP flashing.  I've uploaded both versions to the TUSC server for others to use.

IMPORTANT NOTES:  This update also flashes an updated bootloader, modem files, kernel, along with other updates.

File location:  http://teamuscellular.com/Forum/files/category/26-moto-x/ 

That was interesting. I flashed the flashable zip using twrp and it processed. On reboot, the unlock warning screen appears and it sits there. I am able to get into the recovery screen, select recovery and enter TWRP, then turn it off. This is going to be a fun day! :)

Any suggestions?

How long did you leave it on the warning screen?  IIRC, mine sat on the warning screen for probably a good minute + before going though the boot animation.

Nope.

I was thinking reset to factory would work in recovery, but that doesn't leave the bootloader unlock screen either.

Well... You could always start from scratch with the SBF I posted. I utilized this yesterday to clean my phone up. (Which I'm currently posting to you with)

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk

Well... You could always start from scratch with the SBF I posted. I utilized this yesterday to clean my phone up. (Which I'm currently posting to you with)

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk

Thank you very much for your assistance and providing the stock files.

They worked perfect! I extracted the 3 images and flashed them using mfastboot in the order mentioned in this procedure here. Then rebooted the phone. It freshened up the apps and came back to life. I updated a couple of apps in Play Store, rebooted, and then applied the update, 222.26.8 successfully.

I think I might wait for the next update (assuming there is another stagefright update for Moto -X 1st Gen), before applying TWRP. 

The Moto-X is a great phone and great support from people like you, JohnB!

Thanks again!

Hey @IR10 can you access the files on your end? Links are broken here.

4 hours ago, fish2222 said:

Does anyone still have this twrp flashable file?

If Rub can't dig it up, then it's gone forever. But here's the link to the firmware images, it works just as well. I can google some instructions for you if you need, but you do it the same as any Motorola phone, except you only flash the things that are present in the folder.

UHM... Lemme do some digging. I'll report back asap!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, BoгИX said:

If Rub can't dig it up, then it's gone forever. But here's the link to the firmware images, it works just as well. I can google some instructions for you if you need, but you do it the same as any Motorola phone, except you only flash the things that are present in the folder.

I don't see a link.  :)

Both are approved in the Downloads section now as well.  Sorry didn't get to look at it yesterday. Rough day at work. :(