snoprosledneck88

6.0 MM W/ Xposed

So a couple of weeks back I manually updated to Marshmallow, rooted, custom kernel, and stock. I tried Project Fi and had to downgrade to 5.1.1 in order for that to work. Fast forward a few days, I ditched Project Fi and went back to Marshmallow. I have been on stock un-rooted marshmallow for about 2 weeks and decided yesterday was the day to root again. I decided to flash XtraSmooth which has the latest ElementalX kernel that I had great luck with previously. The latest XtraSmooth has Xposed framework baked in now also. I have never played with Xposed much at all beside a little bit with my galaxy s2 i think. Needless to say I cant believe what I have been missing all this time. I installed GravityBox and went to town on it last night! Battery life has been outstanding so far but I will report back after the day is over. Smooth, that's all i have to say about that. Overall that's pretty much it.. LOL. Just wanted to "confirm" here that xposed framework is working on MM. I see a lot of people on this forum talk about xposed which is what peaked my interest to look into it further. I'm not a dev by any means but if anyone has any question as to what i installed or flashed I will happily answer. Have a Great Thanksgiving everyone!

There are posts in that XDA thread where people are having issues with GB. You should post what you did there and see if you can help some of those people with problems out

I was thinking about flashing that ROM myself. Maybe I'll give it a shot

I also have an older build of Xtrasmooth flashed with xposed and GB. Works great for me.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Another one I've been considering it Cataclysm.

If your read the OP, it's interesting and something new as far as AOSP goes. Not a ROM, but a mod that changes stock to AOSP

http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexus-6/orig-development/rom-cataclysm-nexus-6-t3219121

It is seriously amazing. I've been running it for a few days now and with the new release, you can just dirty flash, if you want.

But... Not on the 6P doe...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

The Dev is using the N5, and since he figured out a way to only update the relevant files on the N6, maybe he can with the N6P at some point, too

How did you get it to boot with the mods? I can get the 10/27 base to boot, but when I try the 11/27 mod is boots up then restarts

You don't flash both. The October release is a full ROM. The MOD is something you flash to a stock ROM. The Full ROM is obsolete. All you need is the Mod now. The Dev doesn't own an N6 so he can't keep dev'ing a full ROM. The Mod gives you the same thing with just the relevant files being updated

Aaaaah that makes sense then. I wasn't about to read thru a entire thread to find the answer lol. Does it add anything that gravity box doesn't? Also what rom are you running as the base?

Aaaaah that makes sense then. I wasn't about to read thru a entire thread to find the answer lol. Does it add anything that gravity box doesn't? Also what rom are you running as the base?

I was on stock MRA58R, but you can use any stock based ROM. I see conflicting reports on whether GB is working, Some say yes, some say no. I've never used it so I don't know what it has

Too lazy to read through an entire OP? Or the first couple of questions in a FAQ (post #2)? Lolol. That is the epitome of lazy!

Never had a clock or BT issue...

For what it's worth.

BT has worked with my truck, BT speaker, computer...

Idk what the clock thing is, never heard of that, but never had any kind of problem.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Wow did you all read the bug reports in MM, shocking that Google could make such a pile,  the Clock, BT are issues that mess everyone up.

The only issue I have is the clock sometimes not syncing correctly. But I am on a ROM via Multiboot so it very well be my own fault. Other than than no BT issues here. 

Too lazy to read through an entire OP? Or the first couple of questions in a FAQ (post #2)? Lolol. That is the epitome of lazy!
Hey you settle down. When I had first tried the rom when he released it, there was no mod pack. I assumed it was the same way lol.