Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
phonegeek

Mobile chat

22 posts in this topic

U should msjr a mobile versión of chat

sent from my desire

Well, please proofread for one. But, we are working on some new stuff for the site. I will look into a mobile chat. Thanks!

Well, please proofread for one. But, we are working on some new stuff for the site. I will look into a mobile chat. Thanks!

Who posted this?

+1 to mobile chat.

I'd like that as well.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify

I know, I know. I literally check all the time to see if a mod comes out. The problem is getting a chat that integrates with user database. Yes, there are IRC chats, but then everybody has to create ANOTHER login just for chat and just another place that would need monitored. I'm still trying.

How bad do you all want this? IP.Board has a chat client that is *sorta* compatible with mobile. You need to use the browser and have javascript which most phones now have. We currently have a free version that allows 5 users at a time to join - we literally filled it in 20 seconds of me activating it. So, my question - do you guys want me to upgrade it to allow more users.... if so, how many? They offer a 20 user max at $19.99/year, or a 50 users max at $29.99/year. This chat is much more responsive and instant compared to shoutbox.... and usable by mobile. Input please..... I'll upgrade ASAP if people give input. Thanks all!

RWC4USC likes this

This is what I got.

cef60679-903f-1434.jpg

Sent from my locked, stock, & unrooted 2.3.5 Moto Electrify

Are either of you signed in through the browser?

Click the 4 squares in the corner and sign in

**slaps self and hangs head in shame*** Yep signing in works like a charm. Sorry :blink:

After I pulled my head out of my behind, the mobile chat looks cool! :):)

**slaps self and hangs head in shame*** Yep signing in works like a charm. Sorry :blink:

After I pulled my head out of my behind, the mobile chat looks cool! :) :)

No worries. I did it too when testing my phone and about blew up on them.

Ok fill in the blanks.. Lol

post-2501-134646575308_thumb.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

ade9a87c-85bf-260b.jpg

Using AndChat. Sorry!

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Got it working finely... Sometimes I can be a little slow. Especially when it's been a long week :wacko:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

I would be very interested in chatting with a mobile browser. If I feel the need to chat now, I load the full site on my phone. It works but kinda cumbersome.

Would be happy to chip in some funds to help offset the cost as I am rarely ever on a PC these days.

I would be very interested in chatting with a mobile browser. If I feel the need to chat now, I load the full site on my phone. It works but kinda cumbersome.

Would be happy to chip in some funds to help offset the cost as I am rarely ever on a PC these days.

Haha. Ok... here's the deal.

Shoutbox - awesome as it is on every page, no logging in, people can leave a message and others can answer later, can see logs since the begging of time. However, there's no mobile version and doesn't look like the developer is making one.

IP.Chat - our forum software has it's own Chat software. Nice as in again, no logging in, fast, mobile interface, hosted off site so doesn't affect our server, and opens in new window so can chat and surf site. However, logs do not stay visible to everybody so can't leave a message and answer later... etc.

IRC - the last request I got was to set up an IRC channel, so I did. IRC has been around since the dawn of time. It's nice, light, fast, mobile devices can access, off site so again no server issue. However..... there are no "filters" in IRC, configuring mobile client can sometimes be difficult, you must login each time either through PC or mobile.

So... I have no idea what to do. We have 3 options but none of them cover everything: mobile version, can see logs, easy and intuitive. What are your suggestions here people?

I say keep it the way it is. Shoutbox for the site and IRC for those who want to use that.

I say keep it the way it is. Shoutbox for the site and IRC for those who want to use that.
Feedback!? You just blew my mind with such a simple reply!

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

bleemck likes this

Would love to see a Team US Cellular App kinda like the one XDA & RootzWiki have. The option for 2 one donation and one free.