iR1O

DO NOT BUY FROM HUAWEI - 128GB 6Ps are defective according to IMEI

Been on the phone with uscc now for 3:56:20 (currently on our 4th sim card, 5th tech) - and my phone still has absolutely NO signal at all.

calls dont go out, they dont come in - LTE will work if i toggle airplane mode briefly - but still no cell connection - so i ask:

Anyone with a 128GB 6P successfully get uscc to activate it?

i agree...

But ive done EVERYTHING to get this damn thing activated!

factory resets, full firmware flashes - 4 different sims - NOTHING works. 

It worked for VZW - I get all the information to show up, it just WILL NOT make calls. Everything else works. just NOT calls.

after 4 hours on the phone

the 128GB 6P can not, will not, and does NOT work on uscc.  no matter how you try to make it work 

WHAT THE ACTUAL F**

but there we go - uscc is.... just fu** uscc.

64GB works fine

32GB works fine

128GB does NOT work.

Why? Isn't the hardware identical? Can't you just tell them it's a N6? Makes no sense.

On another note- you looking to sell it? I'm considering switching to Fi

Been on the phone with uscc now for 3:56:20 (currently on our 4th sim card, 5th tech) - and my phone still has absolutely NO signal at all.

calls dont go out, they dont come in - LTE will work if i toggle airplane mode briefly - but still no cell connection - so i ask:

Anyone with a 128GB 6P successfully get uscc to activate it?

I had a similar situation turned out they bumped me to tech support he was able to see that two devices that with the same number was pinging off the  same tower. He did his thing and I rebooted to a working devices. The phone I was using though was a Nexus 6.

I just got a call from their customer retention (if i cant use my $700 phone on uscc, i wont use uscc) - he was just as mind blown as me that my 32GB version (and the other 2 64GB versions) worked flawlessly, and without ANY issue - but my 128GB absolutely wouldn't - he is having it investigated by ... someone (idk what dept. he said)

I explained that I would have my wife stay on uscc because she likes it, but that there wasnt a chance I was if I was limited to using a phone based on it's internal storage (i know...right)

He said he would be calling me back once they look into it, and was pretty certain it would get activated and working - but they needed to know why the 128GB model was blocked by their system.

We shall see.

6 hours on the phone - had a member here helping me too (more than I could have ever expected) and hopefully USCC will actually allow them on the network.  IDK why they wouldnt be in the first place...

Will advise.

BorNX - yes, aside from storage - hardware is 100% identical, it's a nexus. A nexus is a nexus - no different than an iPhone is an iPhone - ...did i just compare the two...?  lol  

But yeah it's the same, but their system blocked it from cellular use - we dont know why.

I hope i opened a can of worms - 'bout time uscc got with it and actually tried to keep up with the big 4 if they wanna act like the big 4.

I did - all day long it was on 3G because in my work the LTE is 100% non-existent.  it worked on VZW without even telling them i had it, just put the sim in and it never stopped working (other than when it would lose signal - in buildings)

Youre telling me - uscc kept blaming my phone - saying it HAD to be a hardware issue (which, ok, maybe) - but they looked into it and found out that it WAS blocked by their network - NOT my or my phones fault.

BTW - after 2 hours i straight up told them it was a 6P and that it should work - the lady was cool about it and said "she would use a dummy SIP" - so that made my day.

Cats out of the bag, boys. lol

I tried both on and off - but off mostly - I would have to toggle airplane mode to get LTE - and it would come back, but calls never did.

Wifi off

APNs set

Data roaming on

Network set to auto

LTE/GSM/CDMA Auto (sometimes LTE/CDMA)

I tried literally EVERYTHING i have ever learned to trick it into working - never took - and the tech that called me was the one who told me the system blocked the 128GB model (now, i NEVER told them it was a 128GB model) from connecting to their network.

Strange... how would they know it was a 128gb 6p if you never told them it was? Is it somehow in the meid?

Edited by Coolasice

I'm sure they had some way of looking it up - they wanted the IMEI (MEID) and serial number while they were troubleshooting it.

I am pretty sure I never said it was a 128GB - as I was trying to stick to my story of it being a 5X - by the time I was mad enough to say it was a 6P the only info anyone asked for was the sim number and MEID (more than 10 times "confirming it")

Um I'm on USC and with the 128GB N6P so it will work, they have to make sure the sim and Imei are entered in there system correctly and just put it on account as Nexus 6 64GB version. Oh and leave it off global and set to LTE.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk