iR1O

DO NOT BUY FROM HUAWEI - 128GB 6Ps are defective according to IMEI

That's what it DOESNT do - it cant connect to update the PRL - and that's the only missing key.

Like I said - data works - but taking the SIM card out of any phone that is activated and putting it in any phone that isn't activated will get data working on that phone

It won't connect to the towers in order to provision on USCC *cellular* network.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

But you said earlier that the prl was 15141... which is the current one...

Swapping the active sim will give you lte data but not 3g/2g (for uscc/sprint)

I still thing something is amiss here.. either uscc is doing something wrong or something is screwed with you phone

Edited by Coolasice

Exactly - so they worked without issue. USCC doesn't have the IMEI of the 128GB devices allowed on the network yet - like they do with the 32 and 64GB versions.

It's just a guess - i have no idea as to the ACTUAL reason. 

It makes no sense and that was my "best guess" like I said before.

I know the 32 and 64 work just fine - im using a 64 right now - but I can't get the 128 to work no matter what I do.

Thats the only thing that I can think of. That the reason the 6P isnt supported officially is that they dont have all of the IMEIs in their system - which would explain that the 32/64 work, but not the 128.

The phone acts like it wants to work, but it doesnt  - and my only thought is that was the reason.

FWIW - Just got my 128GB 6P (couldn't resist the $50 price cut) yesterday and for kicks on my call in to activate it I told the truth that it was the new Nexus 6P 128GB. They were super friendly about it and tried to activate it to no avail (I only provided the IMEI - not the MEID). Call only lasted a few minutes and I politely thanked them for the effort.

A few hours later I tried again, this time sticking to the 64GB N6 story and only giving up the MEID. Phone was activated without issue in no time at all. 24+ hours going and calls work coming in and out.

So it certainly can be done!

Maybe it's time to try returning the one you have and see if another one will work? Obviously some 128 gb versions are able to be activated, so maybe you just got one of the unlucky ones with an IMEI number which just isn't compatible with USCC.

It doesn't make any sense, but I'm not sure what other options you have at this point.

Did you order it from Huawei or Google?

Mines from Huawei - which idk how that could be different - but thats seems to be a common denominator

Also - I am a few days outside of the 30-day return policy.

When you TRIED the first time - did you have LTE but not calls? Like you cant do a *228?

Talked to a really cool tech - again

We tried everything - everything I could think of - everything he could think of (he knew it was a 6P - he didnt care - he said that he's done them before)

He saw that the phone was trying to communicate with the network again, but again, still couldnt *228 and couldnt make calls or send texts - data worked just fine.

Same boat, different (better) support from USCC - but still, the Huawei purchased 128GB 6P does not work.

EDIT

I just bought a 128GB from Google - should be here tomorrow or Wednesday - I will then try THAT one.

Should it work, I will then know it's a phone issue, NOT a carrier/me being an idiot issue.

Will advise.

Just got the 128GB from Google - and it activated without any issue AT ALL

Fu** Huawei!

the other one is defective - or ...something.

Either way - my middle finger is extended to them.

I bet the issue is that Huawei didn't provide their IMEIs to USCC or some crap. It's the exact same device as the ones sold through Google, so it has to be this.

I bought two 64GB versions of the 6p from Huawei, and both were able to be activated on USCC. My guess is it's just the Huawei sold 128 GB versions which are the issue. 

Side issue, the paint is starting to come off my graphite 6p after less than a month of use, and I called Huawei, and they claimed it was "normal wear" and would not be covered by warranty. I'm now on day 4 of the 1-3 days it would take for a CS manager to call me back. They are going to get an unfriendly call tomorrow. 

What are you going to do with that device Rub?

I'd prefer to just return it - it obviously has some kind of issue.

I'm on day 5 of the same thing for a return of my Huawei 128GB that is defective.

They have said on 2 separate occasions that they would call me back - still havent.

I've given up - we're playing by my rules, now - I'm just going to dispute it with my cc company and tell them the whole story.

Huawei's CS is garbage, at best, and they absolutely refused to believe that my 128GB was defective (even when my OTHER 128GB one worked)

I bet the issue is that Huawei didn't provide their IMEIs to USCC or some crap. It's the exact same device as the ones sold through Google, so it has to be this.

Thats why THAT was my theory.  That was the only thing that made sense to me.

I've thought about a Nexus 6P for myself, good to know. How hard is it to activate? I would be going from an iPhone 6 so I don't know if I'd need a new SIM card. Can you just tell them it's a 6P or do you still need to tell them it's a 5X? I got off the Samsung bandwagon awhile back as they pretty much made me hate Android but there is certain things I miss about Android especially Google Now. I can use Pushbullet to work with my iPads and Macs. I still prefer iOS on a tablet, but on a phone I miss Google Now. If Apple would just allow me to say Ok Google from any screen and have it more built in I wouldn't be switching.

Edited by techgeek88

I've thought about a Nexus 6P for myself, good to know. How hard is it to activate? I would be going from an iPhone 6 so I don't know if I'd need a new SIM card. Can you just tell them it's a 6P or do you still need to tell them it's a 5X? I got off the Samsung bandwagon awhile back as they pretty much made me hate Android but there is certain things I miss about Android especially Google Now. I can use Pushbullet to work with my iPads and Macs. I still prefer iOS on a tablet, but on a phone I miss Google Now. If Apple would just allow me to say Ok Google from any screen and have it more built in I wouldn't be switching.

Buy it from the Google Store and not directly from Huawei's website and it can be activated no problem. You can tell them exactly what it is.

Welcome back from the dark side!

;)

It was no different than any other phone to activate - on the Google one.

Set it as a Nexus 6 and it never hiccupped once. Worked with no effort.

The Huawei one hasn't ever worked.

I'm glad to hear this story had a (mostly) happy ending. And yes, I too had the Google Store purchased 6P. It is the way to go apparently.

So - after MUCH bickering and I'm pretty much at the end of my patience with Huaweis dogsh*t customer service...

Well... I'm not entirely sure I should publicly announce yet what my plans are.

Let's just leave it at the fact that it's no longer in my hands.

Not in my CC companies hands either.

They owe me a running total of $1148.00. And I plan to get that back.

I'll fill in more info as this progresses.

I may be wrong about this, but it sounds like USCC hasn't paired the correct MEID with your SIM for it to work.

If the SIM isn't provisioned for the correct MEID, CDMA services won't work at all, but LTE will because USCC apparently doesn't pair the SIM for LTE usage, only CDMA.

Does your MEID start with a 35 or 99? Maybe they're converting it incorrectly, you could try one of those MEID conversion sites to get the DEC number.

I may be wrong about this, but it sounds like USCC hasn't paired the correct MEID with your SIM for it to work.

If the SIM isn't provisioned for the correct MEID, CDMA services won't work at all, but LTE will because USCC apparently doesn't pair the SIM for LTE usage, only CDMA.

Does your MEID start with a 35 or 99? Maybe they're converting it incorrectly, you could try one of those MEID conversion sites to get the DEC number.

He bought one from Google and activated it without hassle

^^

The one from google had no issues, AT ALL. It worked without any kind of trouble whatsoever.

However, as for the conversion, I personally converted it, compared it with their converted one - and they matched initially, then they changed it - that did work either.

They tried changing the conversion, the way it was put in the system, everything - I was working with a member here and he even manually changed some things, but it was to no avail.

Bottom line is that any 128GB N6P from Huawei obviously has either some kind of defect, or, Huawei hasn't given uscc their IMEIs to put in their system - either way, it makes NO sense, but it refused to work after spending more than 10 hours working with my friend here, and with tech support, it was all for nothing.

BTW - today marks day 15 that Huawei was supposed to call me, and hasn't - assholes.

To further explain my plans - we've handed it over to my lawyer - but at this point I cant comment further.

^^

The one from google had no issues, AT ALL. It worked without any kind of trouble whatsoever.

However, as for the conversion, I personally converted it, compared it with their converted one - and they matched initially, then they changed it - that did work either.

They tried changing the conversion, the way it was put in the system, everything - I was working with a member here and he even manually changed some things, but it was to no avail.

Bottom line is that any 128GB N6P from Huawei obviously has either some kind of defect, or, Huawei hasn't given uscc their IMEIs to put in their system - either way, it makes NO sense, but it refused to work after spending more than 10 hours working with my friend here, and with tech support, it was all for nothing.

BTW - today marks day 15 that Huawei was supposed to call me, and hasn't - assholes.

To further explain my plans - we've handed it over to my lawyer - but at this point I cant comment further.

Can you see if the MEID was actually loaded in the first place by USCC? If everything on USCC's end is in place then I'm thinking it could be a manufacturer's defect with the phone's antenna.

Do you have a inactive USCC or Verizon SIM? Those should show a CDMA signal if it's inserted.