iR1O

DO NOT BUY FROM HUAWEI - 128GB 6Ps are defective according to IMEI

^^

The one from google had no issues, AT ALL. It worked without any kind of trouble whatsoever.

However, as for the conversion, I personally converted it, compared it with their converted one - and they matched initially, then they changed it - that did work either.

They tried changing the conversion, the way it was put in the system, everything - I was working with a member here and he even manually changed some things, but it was to no avail.

Bottom line is that any 128GB N6P from Huawei obviously has either some kind of defect, or, Huawei hasn't given uscc their IMEIs to put in their system - either way, it makes NO sense, but it refused to work after spending more than 10 hours working with my friend here, and with tech support, it was all for nothing.

BTW - today marks day 15 that Huawei was supposed to call me, and hasn't - assholes.

To further explain my plans - we've handed it over to my lawyer - but at this point I cant comment further.

Can you see if the MEID was actually loaded in the first place by USCC? If everything on USCC's end is in place then I'm thinking it could be a manufacturer's defect with the phone's antenna.

Do you have a inactive USCC or Verizon SIM? Those should show a CDMA signal if it's inserted.

He used it on Verizon and att without issue... read the ENTIRE thread

I can put a VZW sim in it - when on uscc it just says signal strength: 0 and network state: disconnected

No matter what we tried.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

^^

The one from google had no issues, AT ALL. It worked without any kind of trouble whatsoever.

However, as for the conversion, I personally converted it, compared it with their converted one - and they matched initially, then they changed it - that did work either.

They tried changing the conversion, the way it was put in the system, everything - I was working with a member here and he even manually changed some things, but it was to no avail.

Bottom line is that any 128GB N6P from Huawei obviously has either some kind of defect, or, Huawei hasn't given uscc their IMEIs to put in their system - either way, it makes NO sense, but it refused to work after spending more than 10 hours working with my friend here, and with tech support, it was all for nothing.

BTW - today marks day 15 that Huawei was supposed to call me, and hasn't - assholes.

To further explain my plans - we've handed it over to my lawyer - but at this point I cant comment further.

Can you see if the MEID was actually loaded in the first place by USCC? If everything on USCC's end is in place then I'm thinking it could be a manufacturer's defect with the phone's antenna.

Do you have a inactive USCC or Verizon SIM? Those should show a CDMA signal if it's inserted.

He used it on Verizon and att without issue... read the ENTIRE thread

You need to chill man, no need to be rude. I was curious if his phone was specifically showing a CDMA signal.

I can put a VZW sim in it - when on uscc it just says signal strength: 0 and network state: disconnected

No matter what we tried.

Are you still within their return period?

Nope.

When I called I was 5 days over it.

They're dicks about it too. I have all the calls recorded. Basically, I explained it, they said uscc wasn't an approved carrier, and because of that it isn't a defect and there's nothing they will do for me.

So I said f**k them and said I'll just sue the bastards. I didn't tell them that - that was the thought process.

And I have the calls where they promised to call me back, never did and all the calls they treated me badly. I'll release those when I'm allowed to.

Everyone should know how badly they treat people. Their paying customers. They treat people like they're a terror suspect.

Yeah, I'm still trying to get a warranty on the one I bought from them since the paint is coming off on the edges more than it should after only 2 months of usage. They are trying to claim it's normal wear and tear. I've been told it was going to be resolved on Wednesday, and that I should get an email...huge surprise that hasn't happened yet. 

At this point I might just contact my Bank to file a dispute, but I'll give them a few other chance. It's incredible to me that in this day and age how poor their service and support are! F U Huawei...

Someone who works with me got his 6p 128gb activated somehow... sometimes we get the issue you are describing when the previous device was not removed properly. Pm me if you get a chance.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Why buy from Huawei anyway? I know this is perhaps a dumb question but is Huawei "thee" best phone seller?

I'll be in the market soon so figured I'd ask here. Not that buying from them seems likely in light of this thread.

Galaxy S4, Slimkat

If I wasn't married I'd quit fishing :)

At that time, you're correct.

No. Huawei is not the best. Not even close.

Moto and LG hold that title IMO - for hardware. Huawei just got the lowest bid for this run of the Nexus line.

If you do buy one buy it from Google since they have a stellar reputation and unrivaled CS record - seriously, their feedback on phone support AFTER sale is way better than Huawei or anyone I've ever contacted for any product.

They even ask if they've solved the issue - if you say no they will not let you off the phone until the call ends with your satisfaction - then you get a email survey, where you can further scrutinize the experience - good or bad.

I know of only one other company that goes that far and that's Amazon.