Ellingsoc

6.0.1 radio issues

Just got the update today and lost LTE. Anyone else having this problem? Tried *228 rebooting etc

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

toggle airplane mode after a reboot brings it back for me. This seems to be common issue on the 6.0.1 radio for us on US cellular

I have the same issue but I did try *228 and got LTE back as long as I don't reboot the phone. So far I have kept it for a full 24 hrs. as long as there is no reboot. So until there is a fix for this. This maybe a workaround for someone else.

I'm really close to just flashing back to 6.0 - I randomly drop all connection for several minutes, and LTE won't come back until I reboot.

Sometimes it's LTE that comes back - but I can't make calls - but that usually starts working again after 3-5 minutes.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I finally flashed 6.0.1 last night, no prob on VZW. It's weird, that USCC has this problem. I can't figure out why that would be

Edited by HipKat

When I was using it on Verizon it would randomly drop to no service for no reason.

It always came back by itself after a few seconds, and it had a really hard time holding on to a call if you went from inside to outside.

Toggling airplane mode worked. Thanks guys I called business tech support and reported it to them. Said they will pass it along to Google.

On a nexus you can downgrade all you want. Anytime.

I did that SEVERAL times trying to activate my other 6P.

I mean to fix the issue. I don't know if it actually works or not, but I think I remember reading that somewhere.

Is there a linky for different radios for the Nexus 6? I'm at 32 and seems like slower speeds and higher battery usage. Would like to research others.

Is there a linky for different radios for the Nexus 6? I'm at 32 and seems like slower speeds and higher battery usage. Would like to research others.

Yep, right here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexus-6/general/ref-nexus-6-modem-collection-t2969380

I went back to the mra58r radio because I kept missing calls.  They would not ring nor vibrate.

Before flashing back I experience the 3g only until toggling airplane mode to get LTE again.

Having two issues was the deal breaker for me.

Cheers!

Since the Dec update I have two apns and have to fail *228, will try your airplane mode trick. Also have to change apns to get access.....

Employees have been informed of an issue with the newest update for the Nexus 6. Apparently it makes device default to a blank APN profile.

Apparently there's a fix in the works but this apparently relies on Motorola. The temporary fix is to toggle airplane mode on and off after each power cycle.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Edited by willydude

So, anyone got the radio from the 29N/08M update so we dont have this problem?

I could pull it myself, but I'm at work - : (

If you tell me what I need to do to pull it, I'll gladly do it. 

Right. Pulling an older radio won't fix it, the issue is in the 6.0.1 ROM itself, it is defaulting to blank APNs, then in toggling airplane mode on and off again it "remembers" them. This is an OS issue, not the modem.