dtrud0h

Hoping to breath some new life into a great device

Hey all,

With Lollipop becoming available for the Moto X I thought I'd update my website to contain the files I used to work with a new X I just bought.  It shipped to me brand new with 4.4.2 on it so I tried a few methods mentioned at a developers forum I frequent. 

I tried the flash able zip method and wasn't happy with the battery drain or the cellular connectivity so I said screw it and just flashed 5.1 and Installed CM12.1 as described at the same forum mentioned above and I couldn't be happier.

Anyway,  if you need to find some files the site should have everything you need. (Still uploading large files, give it some time and refresh)

Happy upgrading!!

Rant-Zone.com

#   I did try to upload here, but it's a fri****g hassle, no offense intended, but ....

(UploadingJustGotEasier) THANKS Zenzr- Keep your eyes on the Moto X Downloads section folks!!

Edited by dtrud0h

I think I have it figured out, just waiting for the uploads to finish before posting it.  Does the body of the description show up in the posting to downloads?  Theres nothing in the Moto X section to compare with...

Don't worry about them showing up in the DL section - we can set that.

Do you want them in an existing folder?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Oh, wherever they would best fit.  There was a post in development with the file linked somewhere else and a reply that said they'd get to putting it up. I noticed there are no files in the moto x download section so any of the files from the site above are there if you want to download and re-up them here.  I can set you up with FTP access if it's easier for you but I don't want to mess around with a web interface to get them here.

Oh, wherever they would best fit.  There was a post in development with the file linked somewhere else and a reply that said they'd get to putting it up. I noticed there are no files in the moto x download section so any of the files from the site above are there if you want to download and re-up them here.  I can set you up with FTP access if it's easier for you but I don't want to mess around with a web interface to get them here.

I can also upload them here, and I have gigabit internet at work. If Rub doesn't respond I'd be happy to get them so we can upload here too.

Edited by Zenzr

Thanks Zenzr,  I appreciate you going through the trouble of transferring these files to Team UsCellular.  Who knows a million years from now some biological oddity might find a working X and need to phone home.  You're a life saver.

I actually broke down and put Cyanogenmod 12.1 on mine two nights ago.  Not sure why I waited so long.  The thing works great and is so much faster.  Battery life is much better too!