kmfmly5

Marshmallow update

I went there to download the update. Have the mobile software update installed on my laptop and phones connected and detected. Software runs for little bit says that there is software update for my phone than 10 seconds later or so it says I have the latest version.

Sent from my LGUS991 using Tapatalk

Wow...

It makes me wonder if US Cellular isn't holding the update back.

But at the same time there's already somebody else saying that they do have that update

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

What update is held back? My wife already has had TWO marshmallow updates to her G4 and she is stock not rooted...

Or is it an issue with not having the phone registered that is why your not getting the ota?

I am confused....

What update is held back? My wife already has had TWO marshmallow updates to her G4 and she is stock not rooted...

Or is it an issue with not having the phone registered that is why your not getting the ota?

I am confused....

I went through the registration on their website. Tried different WiFi networks. Tried in different cities (all had 4G from USCC). Every time it just says 'Your device is not registered yet'

Verified the IMEI is correct in my profile on their website. Might try calling support tomorrow.

Support told me to go to a store. Went in they didn't have the update. Said they were told sometime in March they would get it from LG. Chatted with LG and they said there is nothing they can do and that it is us cellulars fault

I too am getting the "your device is not registered yet" crap. I've spent hours on the phone with US cellular and LG. I've been to the store as well. Even their store demo phones are saying it. This is very frustrating.

I don't think the firmware is available for download - but yes there's a tool, IF you have the firmware

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I finally got mine to update to Marshmallow.. Had to reinstall Google play apk but so far so good..

I'm loving it..

Seems much faster..

On 3/7/2016 at 7:31 PM, Duecy said:

I finally got mine to update to Marshmallow.. Had to reinstall Google play apk but so far so good..

I'm loving it..

Seems much faster..

Are you saying you had to reinstall google play apk to get the update or you had to reinstall the google play apk after the update?

2 hours ago, thirtyfiftyone said:

Are you saying you had to reinstall google play apk to get the update or you had to reinstall the google play apk after the update?

After.  The Google Play apk won't affect OTA updates in any way.

Google services framework, meybe, I've had to update that several times after a OTA or fresh flash.

But not the play store, or any GAPPS.

Not sure why you'd want the OTA update itself.  You need root in order to place the file in the appropriate location to apply it, then you'd need the stock recovery (it won't install with TWRP or the LG tool, only through the stock recovery), then you'd have to have a completely stock /system partition for the stock recovery to be able to install the OTA update.  You're better off waiting to get the OTA yourself or getting your hands on the actual stock firmware (not just the OTA update part, but the whole firmware) and flashing it through the LG tool.

Yes I did have to reinstall Google play Apk.. First time I've ever had to do that but after in did that everything was great.. Very happy with it after.. Seems to be quicker..

Might even hold tight and not upgrade to the G5..

Oh wait who am I kidding I will have it with several modules I'm sure.. Lol

I still don't have the update. LG and US cellular support can't help. At this point I'm thinking about just switching carriers and getting a Nexus.

What is it about marshmallow that you just have to have it and that you can't keep with your current version? Is your g4 not working at all on its current version?

Just curious, have you done a factory reset to see if something in your device is keeping you from getting the update? My wife has gotten two or three updates now on her g4 for marshmallow... Something must be keeping you from getting it... You aren't rooted are you?

My apologies if this was already covered...

My wife's been complaining about video playback, her screen goes dark every time. I can't figure out why. It's bone stock. Does everyone's do that?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk