Sign in to follow this  
SmileyXX

Shut off now won't do anything

My G4 just shut off for no reason and now it is completely unresponsive. I've pulled the battery, tried a hard reset, computer doesn't recognize it, plugging the charger in does nothing. Anyone else have this happen or know of a fix?

If you plug it into a charger does any led light of any kind come on?

Does it respond at all to being plugged in - even if its off it *should* indicate it.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

wow, was it fully stock - i mean had you modified it in ANY way?

if not, I would take it right back to the store or call uscc and tell them so they can send you a replacement.

As for all of your stuff on it, was it on the SD card so you can retrieve it?

It was fully stock. Pictures were on SD card but nothing else. They are sending a replacement. Sucks not having a phone when its used for work lol

Ok, well once you get it, you know how to get it activated and everything, right?

If you have any troubles just let us know and we will do whatever we can to help you out.  I can say I've never had that happen, I feel like it could be a defect in the phone itself.

I'd be interested to see if swapping the battery to the new phone transfers the problem, I've had bad batteries act similar

Sent from my SM-G900R4 (klteusc) running CM13 1.30.16 with xposed

Got the replacement today and got it activated. Now this one is giving me issues. Try and do a software update and it tells me the device isn't registered yet. Tried to use the LG Support tool to update it and while it is thinking it says there is an upgrade available but as soon as it finishes thinking it says it has the current software on it which it doesn't. Its currently running 5.1.

Edited by SmileyXX

I'd be interested to see if swapping the battery to the new phone transfers the problem, I've had bad batteries act similar

Sent from my SM-G900R4 (klteusc) running CM13 1.30.16 with xposed

Doesn't seem to be the battery. They didn't send a battery with the replacement

Got the replacement today and got it activated. Now this one is giving me issues. Try and do a software update and it tells me the device isn't registered yet. Tried to use the LG Support tool to update it and while it is thinking it says there is an upgrade available but as soon as it finishes thinking it says it has the current software on it which it doesn't. Its currently running 5.1.

Having the same update issue. I posted over on the Marshmallow update thread.

Sent from my LGUS991 using Tapatalk

Any luck? I still get that mine isn't registered on the network. Also noticed it's running 10b but I can't find anything on 10b

Sent from my LGUS991 using Tapatalk