slammer

Favorite ROM/Kernel

As with most recent Android versions a lot is based on user configuration. I suggest using some combination of Greenify, and Amplify, along with Better Battery Stats to figure out what is using battery on your phone. It's really not so much rom anymore. You should also play around and figure out CPU settings you like. There isn't a one size fits all setting sadly. It's a lot of trial and error. 

I always greenify :) I'm actually trying to stay away from exposed. I appreciate your input. I'm really liking the Nexus 6P. I love trying different ROMS and there are lot of options with this phablet I didn't have with my note 4 on my carrier!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I always greenify :) I'm actually trying to stay away from exposed. I appreciate your input. I'm really liking the Nexus 6P. I love trying different ROMS and there are lot of options with this phablet I didn't have with my note 4 on my carrier!

Is there a special way to set up greenify? I've tried it before and saw no change at all in battery life?

Is there a special way to set up greenify? I've tried it before and saw no change at all in battery life?

Yes. 

There a few good guides on XDA, but basically the jist is you want to use Greenify and something like Better Battery Stats. You don't actually want to Greenify every app you have, one ones that are causing trouble. Greenifying something that isn't causing an issue can lead to using more battery than it would normally thus defeating the purpose to begin with.

So far the only ROM I like, and have been on it since I found it is NitrogenOS.  Developer is pretty decent (decent for XDA anyway).  Everything works except screencast for me.  Some say they can cast, but most can't.  Otherwise, it has all the features you need, without the crap that most throw in just for the sake of throwing it in - even though no one uses it, and is smooth with great battery life to boot!  I get 5.5 - 6 hours screen on time over two days per charge.