TheLegend

S7 Edge Colors

The website just opened up for preordering and I only see the gold and black available. Where is the silver option? Anyone know anything about this?

My guess is that USCC will only offer those 2 - MAYBE you can special order the other colors through a store?  idk.

But uscc has always done that, they dont offer ALL of the colors typically.

My guess is that USCC will only offer those 2 - MAYBE you can special order the other colors through a store?  idk.

But uscc has always done that, they dont offer ALL of the colors typically.

Well Best Buy doesn't have anything for US Cellular yet. What other stores you think would even carry for USC? The one downside of the smaller carrier for sure cuz the big 3 carriers all have silver. Might be stuck with the gold it looks like cuz I don't wanna wait for the device

A uscc store - I was able to get devices that they didn't offer (storage wise) by special ordering it.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Good call on that. I did chat with a representative on the their website and he had no information about silver.

It's entirely too early for USCC to have any information on this. You need to wait for at least a month. 

honestly not even worth waiting for a different color. I'm using an S3 right now that restarts like 5 times a day

There will only be 3 colors offered for the edge, black, silver or gold. Only 32gb of storage available in the US.

Edited by outcasted2003

An S3!?

Dude, the upgrade is going to blow your mind... I promise.

I'm so pumped that getting shafted out of the silver isn't a big deal because the S3 is so crappy lol

There will only be 3 colors offered for the edge, black, silver or gold. Only 32gb of storage available in the US.

And US Cellular decided not to carry the damn silver color for whatever dumb reason.

Edited by TheLegend

I'm just being honest, it's a huge difference.

The fact that theyll only carry 2 colors, out of 3, is stupid - violently stupid.  But that pretty much sums up USCC's business model lately.

But, let's be honest, we're not surprised. Historically the only thing they carry multiple colors of is the iPhone.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Exactly, and a big reason for that is because there are no different variants - it's all the same no matter where you get it.

Apple > Samsung in that.

USCC just hasn't quite gotten their head out of their butts about not needing a special version.

Exactly, and a big reason for that is because there are no different variants - it's all the same no matter where you get it.

Apple > Samsung in that.

USCC just hasn't quite gotten their head out of their butts about not needing a special version.

It isn't USCC's fault, blame Samsung for having 500 models of the same phone.

There's one for Verizon, one for Sprint, one for USCC, one for AT&T, one for T-Mobile, ten for Europe, fifty for Asia, three for Korea, and two for Japan. The only differences being CDMA, LTE, or how many SIM slots it has.

And the funny thing is, the hardware is the same across all US variants, it's just different modem configurations for different model numbers

I ended up getting the S7 black onyx version but with Verizon. The incentives were too good to pass up. They are paying off our Note3 with uscc ($200), we have another $200 for both lines (BIC is what they call it?), then my wife has a discount through her employer for 22% and I get to keep my note 4 which I can sell on swappa or something. Also we are going from 6gb data to 16gb data. With all the incentives it ends up around the same as with USCC.

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk

I ended up getting the S7 black onyx version but with Verizon. The incentives were too good to pass up. They are paying off our Note3 with uscc ($200), we have another $200 for both lines (BIC is what they call it?), then my wife has a discount through her employer for 22% and I get to keep my note 4 which I can sell on swappa or something. Also we are going from 6gb data to 16gb data. With all the incentives it ends up around the same as with USCC.

Not to mention their LTE coverage seems to be top notch. Only reason I'm still with USC is I get perfect LTE where I'm at all times and they still offer contracts

Not that huge of a discount as it is only on the data price portion of your plan. Also they aren't really paying anything, you have to pay and then you are reimbursed with a rebate prepaid card. It takes 8 weeks to get the card. You will have to pay US Cellular before you get the card.

I just went to Best Buy to check out the S7E. Mind blown. Smooth as I've ever seen. Camera looks like what your eyes see. I'm not disappointed anymore about the silver because the gold was beautiful. Black was a little bland IMO.They didn't have silver on display but they are so reflective it'll be hard to even distinguish between gold and silver. 

Not that huge of a discount as it is only on the data price portion of your plan. Also they aren't really paying anything, you have to pay and then you are reimbursed with a rebate prepaid card. It takes 8 weeks to get the card. You will have to pay US Cellular before you get the card.
Still way more than what I'm getting with USC. Might not be upfront but USCC is not really interested in keeping us as a customer. We went there and they had nothing to offer us in any form of discounts or promotions.

Plus USC made my pregnant wife cry the last time she went in there. I understand it's the individuals fault that was working but still... I wasn't impressed. Youtube Kids somehow drained our data overnight and we had charges they wouldn't budge on and turned our data off for a whole month. I had to call in half a dozen times to get someone to reverse the charges but we had to go a whole month hoping from Wi-Fi to Wi-Fi just to get data.

Now with 16gb at least we feel a bit more comfortable and I can get faster updates. Where's 5.1.1 for the note 4?