Sign in to follow this  
kdp7462

Mobile services manager

Hi all,

I purchased an lg g4 on tuesday. Today I did a factory reset as I received the marshmallow update out of the box, but did not reset at the time. I did the factory reset via WiFi at home. This was approx 10 o'clock am.

I am at a birthday party and get a data usage warning of 2gb. I looked and this mobile services manager has used almost 3 gb of data today!

Any idea what this is and how it is using this much data? I am posting a screenshot, and as you can see it is by far the most used data.

I will be calling uscc, as we have the shared 6gb plan and my guess is this will put us over. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

post-2426-145669050581_thumb.png

Sent from my LGUS991 using Tapatalk

I should also add, battery life is terrible. I pulled off the charger when the reset was done. According to the battery status, I have been off the cord for. 3 he 49 min. Sitting at 22%. Terrible

Well I would imagine that that app using three gig was a humongous part of that battery depletion.

I will look into what that app is and what it does and let you know.

Edit:

I can't find anything, so, I would go into settings>apps and disable that app - obviously it's not necessary to the phone so... I'd nix it right now and see if anything changes.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Yeah. I did disable and restrict background data. So far all internet components work. Mms, text etc. All seem to be fine. I can get on chrome, email, fb etc. We will see what happens over the next day or so. Going to have to discuss a uscc to see how to handle. 1\2 my data allotment was used up in 4 hrs 😡

The Mobile Services Manager/DT Ignite is USCC's delivery method for all those wonderful junk apps that get preloaded upon turning on your phone for the first time. If you get into the phone fast enough on initial boot, you can disable it before it has a chance to download all that crap.

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk

Oh, so USCC's own app used up almost all of this customers data against their will, without their consent?

Yeah, they should take every bit of data usage off for that, thats CRAP for them to keep adding all of these BS apps to the phones.

I would call them and demand that usage not be counted because of their own app doing it. if they say no, threaten to cancel the line - it sickens me that theyre still doing this.

iRub, I certainly will not be shy discussing this w uscc. Thankfully I have been watching data usage on my account and it does not seem to be showing. This happened on Sunday, so hoping it was just a quirky thing. I will say my battery life has been 100× better since disabling.

Chuck, thanks for the info on the app. I had updated to Marshmallow the day I received the phone and for rid of all the extra carp(like 4 games) that came w the os update.

Overall I do like the phone, but miss the Nexus clean android. The notification shade is the most frustrating thing on the lg skin.

I'm glad to hear the positive effect disabling it had on the battery life.  I am still sickened by the mere fact that it's there to begin with, let alone used 3GB of data putting bloatware onto the phone that you never asked for.

Puts a really bad taste in my mouth when they do that.

On 2/28/2016 at 6:40 PM, kdp7462 said:

Yeah. I did disable and restrict background data. So far all internet components work. Mms, text etc. All seem to be fine. I can get on chrome, email, fb etc. We will see what happens over the next day or so. Going to have to discuss a uscc to see how to handle. 1\2 my data allotment was used up in 4 hrs 😡

How did you manage to disable it? I'm on 20c and I can only disable background data. Do I need an external application?