soulweeper

Question about unlocked Moto X Pure Edition and sim card.

My contract is up in a few days, on my first generation Moto X, and I'm considering the Moto X Pure Edition. I can get it from Motorola, with a sim card for U.S. Cellular for $299 and free shipping right now

http://www.motorola.com/us/products/motomaker/FLEXR6

which is a great price, but Amazon also has it for $299,

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B013SEXKI8?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_sfl_title_3&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

but doesn't list U.S. Cellular as a compatible carrier, so does that mean it's a GSM phone, and doesn't use a sim card?? I heard you can go into the U.S. Cellular store, and they will put the sim card in for free. The reason I'm asking about the one available at Amazon is, I have some rewards points I can use, and a gift card.....otherwise I'd just get it at Motorola, and take the guess work out of it.

If anyone can give me any feedback on this, I'd appreciate it.

Thank in advance!

It will work, they will give you a sim in store or if you call.

USCC isn't really big enough for them to spend the extra 12 seconds to type on the description page sadly.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, iRub1Out said:

USCC isn't really big enough for them to spend the extra 12 seconds to type on the description page sadly.

Just to make sure....you're saying the one from Amazon will work? A guy at U.S. Cellualr said as long as it's not for T Mobile or AT&T, they can put a sim card in it. Amazon lists those two carriers as compatible, I guess that's where the concern was. I don't think the one at Amazon is a GSM, and that's all that really matters....is that it's not, correct?

There is only one Moto X PE. Make sure it's not the Moto X 2014 pure edition. The new XPE is just one device for all carriers. There may be a separate international one, but I kinda doubt it.

The device should not have any carrier branding on it at all. Just the Motorola logo. Carriers aren't selling them in stores, they all come straight from Motorola.

28 minutes ago, BoгИX said:

There is only one Moto X PE. Make sure it's not the Moto X 2014 pure edition. The new XPE is just one device for all carriers. There may be a separate international one, but I kinda doubt it.

The device should not have any carrier branding on it at all. Just the Motorola logo. Carriers aren't selling them in stores, they all come straight from Motorola.

Well, from this listing

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B013SEXKI8?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_sfl_title_3&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

I guess there is no way to really tell exactly which one it is, correct? They're listing it as Model XT1575, does that mean anything?

2 minutes ago, iRub1Out said:

If it works on VZW (as it says) it will work on USCC.

Looking a little further, it sounds like Model XT1575 is the 2015 Pure edition, so I'm assuming it would be ok. One good thing is, Amazon will return anything. I'm sure something on the box would say which version it is, so I wouldn't necessarily have to open it. Hopefully.

6 minutes ago, BoгИX said:

There shouldn't be versions. One Moto XPE model for ALL carriers in America. It's the future.

Yes, but you said to make sure it's not the 2014 Moto X Pure Edition, so I was just saying that the one listed on Amazon was Model XT1575, and it looks like that is the 2015 Moto X Pure Edition. I guess I should have said Edition instead of version. Maybe that made it sound wrong. :)

There's no such thing as a 2014 Pure Edition model. Just the new one. It was just Moto X before with different carrier versions. The ones on Amazon are the new ones. You'll just need a USCC sim card.

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk

The moto x pure edition is one of the phones that USCC does except on their network and models from all carriers work as long as the phone is unlocked.

unlocked.png

There's no such thing as a 2014 Pure Edition model. Just the new one. It was just Moto X before with different carrier versions. The ones on Amazon are the new ones. You'll just need a USCC sim card.

There was a developer edition. They named it something similar I think.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Sounds like I'm good to go with this one, from Amazon. I've got a gift card and some rewards points, so it will feel like a really good deal buying it from them. I'm a Motorola fan, and at my local store, they don't have the Moto X at all anymore.

There most certainly is a Moto X 2014 Pure Edition. It's the GSM unlocked model, XT1095. This model and our variant are the only two with unlockable bootloaders.

There was also a Moto X 2013 Pure. It was the developer edition.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

So the XT 1575 that they have listed on Amazon is the newest version, yes?

Correct.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Thanks.

Now the black ones are gone. Might have to settle for white, as the sale will end on Thursday with Motorola, and Amazon is just matching them.

I agree. I want black, but it's going to be in a case anyway, so the only white will be a bit on the front. It's too good of a deal to worry too much about color. :)

On 3/12/2016 at 4:34 PM, iRub1Out said:

I've had the phone a bit, and just getting around to activating it, so I have what might be a stupid question.....since I tried calling, and they won't "send" me a sim card, where can I simply obtain one, so I can put it in, and possibly activate it over the phone, with U.S. Cellular? Or is that even possible? I kind of want to avoid taking a phone I didn't buy in my store, to them, and then have them try to sell me stuff I don't want like usual. It's their job, so I get it, I'd just rather avoid it.

Well why wouldn't they do it? Is it stolen or is the ESN on a blacklist of some kind?

Yes you can get one at a store but it's really strange to me that they wouldn't do it and not give you a good reason.

3 hours ago, iRub1Out said:

Well why wouldn't they do it? Is it stolen or is the ESN on a blacklist of some kind?

Yes you can get one at a store but it's really strange to me that they wouldn't do it and not give you a good reason.

Oh it's brand new, from Amazon. I tried calling, to see if they'd send me one, but the girl said they're being directed to tell the customer to go to the local store. I know it sounds crazy, but I'm trying to avoid that. If I can't, no biggie. I'm just thinking....if I put the sim card in, I could just call them and activate it over the phone. :)

Do you have a nano sim in your current phone? If so you can use that, but you can go to any store you want and get it.

1 hour ago, iRub1Out said:

Do you have a nano sim in your current phone? If so you can use that, but you can go to any store you want and get it.

It's a first generation Moto X, so I'm not sure. Is that what it uses?