gr33nd3vil

6.0.1 Root, Custom Recovery, & XPOSED

^^ I'll download the latest one and reupload here.  No reason to suffer through their BS 15kbps - ill update when its done

EDIT:

omg i hate sammobile so much, they are the Nazis of todays Samsung firmware.

Has anyone had luck with this method? I've put my note 5 in boot loop about 4 or 5 times trying to root it. I have tried this method and had no luck and I've tried methods when using Odin to put a different kernel on also. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong because I'm not having any luck. I can get a recovery but that's it.  

Are you absolutely sure OEM unlock is on and you're using Odin 3.X (whatever is newest) and following the instructions exactly?

If everything usual checks out then id say it's probably something simple, like a missed/slightly off step. I've had that happen for many reasons - but usually something little.

As for the SuperSU not flashing, make sure you have the one listed, double check that it is a zip (or why it says it failed) - but since custom recovery was flashed is why you get a bootloop.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

Yes I'm using the Odin that was given in the op. OEM unlock is on also.  I followed the instructions given and it doesn't work. Everything works in Odin and passes but then it doesn't boot. I haven't done a full wipe and I'm not sure if that's the issue or not. 

Yes I have tried it that way and I got stuck in boot loop. I'm gonna try it again because I'm not sure what else to do.

The super su zip file is curupt according to my phone. I found another super su zip file and it gave me super su but it said something g was wrong with the binaries and I didn't have root.

The super su zip file is curupt according to my phone. I found another super su zip file and it gave me super su but it said something g was wrong with the binaries and I didn't have root.

Make sure you have the same or later version # as the one in OP

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

I just reset my phone to see if it would help with the vr pop up and the phone thinking it's charging when it's not and it did for like 2 days but now it's doing it again so I'll try and root it again tonight and hopefully I can finally get root access. Never had it be so difficult to root a phone before. Let's hope it works this time 🖒

Alright so the problem was with the super su zip file being too old I guess. I downloaded the latest one and followed the instructions to get root and it worked perfectly. Just install recovery and flash the super su zip and you should have root access to delete the Samsung vr app that glitches out the whole phone.

are the instructions correct to get root on PE1 with SuperSU 2.68 and newer?

is this systemless root? i heard systemless root does not bother samsung pay.

please update instructions if needed.

i know there is not a huge dev community for our note 5's but would be great to have a stock pe1 firmware that is zip aligned and deodexed and most bloat removed.

thanks and eager to root my new N5

Any reason the links can't be found now from the OP?

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

Any reason the links can't be found now from the OP?

I bet they were on greendevil's personal AFH and he removed them. Shouldn't be hard to find the downloads though, they're not special or anything, just plain ol' what they say they are.

Sent from my thingyding straight to your eyeholes using Crapatalk.

Yeah I jave every one of the frameworks for it.. It just fails.. Didn't make a backup to those files on my flash drive

Yeah I jave every one of the frameworks for it.. It just fails.. Didn't make a backup to those files on my flash drive

What do you need in particular, the correct Xposed framework for the Note 5 (TW)?

What do you need in particular, the correct Xposed framework for the Note 5 (TW)?

Yeah,
I've tried every sdk21arm to sdk23arm and all juat sit on the boot screen once I've flashed it.

2 hours ago, Jake Davis said:

Yeah,
I've tried every sdk21arm to sdk23arm and all juat sit on the boot screen once I've flashed it.

First, the N5 is arm64, not sure if you took that into consideration.

Second, which version of Android are you running? That will determine which SDK level to use:

SDK21 = 5.0 Lollipop

SDK22 = 5.1 Lollipop

SDK23 = 6.0 Marshmallow

If you're on Nougat, there is no Xposed for 7.0+ yet.

Are you running stock TW or a custom AOSP ROM?  Because TW ROMs require a special modified version of Xposed, you can't use the regular one.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Edited by BoгИX