gr33nd3vil

6.0.1 Root, Custom Recovery, & XPOSED

Screenshot_20170314-184853.png

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

You can't use the standard Xposed framework, you have to use a fork for TW. Hang on, I'll find you a link...

Sent from my thingyding straight to your eyeholes using Crapatalk.

You're doing it all wrong bro. That's the official Xposed for AOSP, not the modified one for TW.

Install this Xposed app:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3921508&d=1477916609

Then flash this Xposed framework:
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=529152257862685343

::All hail the mighty Google::

Sent from my thingyding straight to your eyeholes using Crapatalk.

I was able to get the wanam xposed framework and flashed just fine. I had updated my firmware and lost my backup and all stored file for it. Thanks for the help! I felt like an idiot when I realized it was the wanam framework I had used in the past. It clicked. Lol

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

would be GREAT to have the following available in this thread or at least a sticky on the Note 5 forums

1) which TWRP with Matching KERNEL (do we use Sprint twrp as in their stickies on xda they use philz and also a different kernel that is not SpaceX)

I'm on 6.0.1 and would like to root but all links are dead.

it would have been helpful if the exact file names were mentioned in the links instead of just (twrp)

I'm very familiar with twrp and like to use that instead of philz

2) I do have odin 3.10.7 but can we use newer or should we just stick with 3.10.7?

3) which SuperSU and can we goto the highest version which is 2.78 and do we install with Systemless?

also there is no kernel in the OP.

I know some of you guys will help. iRIO :)

Edited by tdbone1

I will try to put something together - I'm not very familiar with the N5 but I can try.

I have no idea about the kernel, I doubt you need a custom one. The Sprint TWRP should work just fine.  You dont NEED a kernel to use TWRP.

As for Odin, you can use 3.12 - as long as it's 3.10 or newer, you're fine - once 7.0 hits though you'll NEED 3.12.

For SuperSU, don't use Systemless, thats for the Nexus/Pixel only I believe. You can use any SuperSU version 2.71 or newer on 6.0.

from what I read I thought the kernel had to have se enforcing to off. (could be wrong because I only finding bits and pieces scattered)

in the sprint thread for rooting on xda I (believe) they are using a custom kernel with sprint twrp and supersu above 2.71 like yu mentioned.

of course I can find odin flashable supersu (only can be flashed from within twrp.

I not sure about this method since the note 5 don't have external storage so I would prefer odin flashable everything (supersu, kernel and twrp) just to make things easier.

if you put together something I can help test but I don't have otg cable I don't think. gave both my cables to friends for gifts.

I might have a straight micro usb to standard usb but will have to verify it works.

I did wind up having a usb cable (straight micro to standard) looks like it works in the note 5 UI but not sure from within twrp

Edited by tdbone1

On 5/4/2017 at 11:17 AM, tdbone1 said:

from what I read I thought the kernel had to have se enforcing to off. (could be wrong because I only finding bits and pieces scattered)

in the sprint thread for rooting on xda I (believe) they are using a custom kernel with sprint twrp and supersu above 2.71 like yu mentioned.

of course I can find odin flashable supersu (only can be flashed from within twrp.

I not sure about this method since the note 5 don't have external storage so I would prefer odin flashable everything (supersu, kernel and twrp) just to make things easier.

if you put together something I can help test but I don't have otg cable I don't think. gave both my cables to friends for gifts.

I might have a straight micro usb to standard usb but will have to verify it works.

I did wind up having a usb cable (straight micro to standard) looks like it works in the note 5 UI but not sure from within twrp

You can connect your phone to a PC with a standard micro USB cable when booted to TWRP and transfer files just like you normally would when booted into the OS.