JohnB

[ROM] Stock 6.0 MM / Moto X 2014 - Flashable

EDIT:  XT1093 ROM Uploaded and Ready!!!

Here's instructions to get Marshmallow on our "forgotten" Moto X 2014 phones.  I referenced a ROM for the Verizon XT1096 on XDA.

(ref. - http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto-x-2014/development/rom-xt1096-verizon-flashable-stock-rom-t3327345)

USC XT1093 specific ROM - Includes proper build.prop, TWRP 3.0, and Verizon specific files removed

MAIN LINK:  http://upload.teamuscellular.com/47d - USC-XT1093-STOCK-6.0.zip

Alternate Link:  https://mega.nz/#!D0I1HJjS!Mk7r-Gic8wvxBqMpBFZYXd7TF6dNXS7YK91MFVnOlOo - USC-XT1093-STOCK-6.0.zip

MD5SUM - ea5a700ced498d46afe60c4ebbb2d0db

Prerequisites:

• Unlocked Bootloader
  • TWRP installed (I have been using the newest 3.0 version)

Basic Installation:

• Backup existing ROM (including EFS partition)
  • Wipe ALL partitions including user data / sdcard (MAKE SURE YOU HAVE BACKED UP)
  • Install ROM
  • Restore EFS partition from Lollipop backup [noted in the XDA thread, but not sure if it's needed] (You did make a backup incase this doesn't work right....)
  • Flash uscc_eri.zip at the bottom of this post to fix the "Roaming Indicator Off" text in the Lockscreen / Quick Settings Pull Down
  • Boot phone
  • Setup and Enjoy

Optionally:

• Root phone by flashing SuperSU-v2.65 and root-boot-6.0 (attached to this post)
  • Install Xposed (because you can...)

NOTES - So far, I've had working 4G / 3G and MMS / SMS.

UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.65-20151226141550.zip

root-boot-6.0-xt1095.zip

uscc_eri.zip

Edited by JohnB
Added uscc_eri.zip

DUUUUUUUUDE THIS IS AWESOME THANK YOU A MILLION TIMES!

I'm gonna flash this as soon as I get off work... if I can wait that long.  I'll report back with how it goes.  

So far, I've been running rooted / xposed and haven't had any issues.  The only thing I would like to "fix" yet is the "Roaming Indicator Off" text in the quick settings pull down.  I'm thinking its a fix in framework-res, but I haven't looked too far into it.

1 minute ago, JohnB said:

So far, I've been running rooted / xposed and haven't had any issues.  The only thing I would like to "fix" yet is the "Roaming Indicator Off" text in the quick settings pull down.  I'm thinking its a fix in framework-res, but I haven't looked too far into it.

On Nexus devices with USCC it's in the eri.xml I believe

I'm downloading from Mega now, will upload to this site and change the link in OP in a bit.  DL speeds are much faster from here. 7% complete and an hour and fifteen minutes to go... ugh

Edited by BoгИX

4 minutes ago, BoгИX said:

I'm downloading from Mega now, will upload to this site and change the link in OP in a bit.  DL speeds are much faster from here. 7% complete and an hour and fifteen minutes to go... ugh

That would be good.  I've tried to upload here, and it always seems to fail out (slow internet uploading on my end).

2 hours ago, JohnB said:

That would be good.  I've tried to upload here, and it always seems to fail out (slow internet uploading on my end).

For some reason it won't let me edit your OP.

Here's the link for TUSC download:

USC XT1093 specific ROM - Includes proper build.prop, TWRP 3.0, and Verizon specific files removed

LINK: http://upload.teamuscellular.com/47d

23 minutes ago, JohnB said:

OP updated with new link on the TUSC site.

@BoгИX - Did you have a chance to try it out?

Not yet, still at work :(

But I plan on installing ASAP

Welp, I just got home. After 13 hours straight today building our website, I am in no mood to keep staring at a screen. I'm gonna have to get to this tomorrow.

:(

I found Netflix not working right (which seems to be a common problem), but here is the solution:

• Get Root Browser from playstore (or reboot to recovery and use the built in file manager)
  • Goto "liboemcrypto.so" file under /system/vendor/lib
  • Rename that file or delete
  • Reboot

I believe I have the "Roaming Indicator Off" issue fixed.  I found the eri.xml fix in the Nexus forum, did a little editing to the updater-script to work on "victara" vs "shamu" and voila, the text now reads "U.S. Cellular"!!

The flash-able zip in located at the end of the OP.

As I understand, the EFS partition is special partition dedicated for your phones info like radio signal info, imei and such. Since backing up and restoring was part of the instructions in the XDA thread, I've included them here.

Sent from my XT1093 using Tapatalk

is this needed or not?

Restore EFS partition from Lollipop backup

You may not need to restore this. However, you should definitely back it up first. If you lose your imei or anything else stored in the EFS partition, you'll have to restore it.

That said, it won't hurt, and since it's quick and easy you might as well do it. If you didn't need to, oh well. If you did need to, it saves you a few minutes of your phone being broken.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Ran into a screen rotation issue where it would rotate any direction it wanted, very annoying. The fix was to edit the build.prop file and add the following info

# Screen Roation
ro.sf.hwrotation='90'

Root is required for this edit. The build.prop file is located in the /System folder but using a build.prop editor from the play store is easiest. For some reason this line is missing so I had to add it and my screen rotation was fixed. I'm thinking this should be part of the normal build.prop file, correct me if I am wrong.

This also may have fixed my automatic speaker when answering or making calls, but it was not everytime. Its as if the phone did not have instructions of what to do depending on how I was holding the phone. So far so good!

Edited by KillerKellerjr

Now if only we had a fix for the USB OTG issue. Sadly Marshmallow changed how to access a USB OTG memory stick and music apps can't access my music. With 16 GB I really need this to work. I stream too much and use my 5GB up almost before my end of period. Anyone have an easy fix for this?