clones

moving from galaxy s4

I've been nursing an galaxy s4 for a while and having exploring my next move. I want to root the phone and continue to have an external sd card. As of right now, it appears that the LG4 may be the best option. Agree/disagree & thoughts?

Unless the G5 has root (I don't think so) that's you're only real good option.

IMO.

The S7 can't be rooted, the S6 has no SD slot, Nexus has no SD slot, and the iPhone is... Well...

Yeah get the G4. That's what I'd recommend if you need the SD card slot.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

The G4 is pretty nice. My wife has it bone stock. She likes it. It looks pretty smooth from what I've seen. There's also the Moto x pure. Don't discount that phone. There's one for sale in the buy/sell/trade area for cheap. There's probably other unlocked phone options to consider as well.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

It's a lower-tier Android - it has some ok-ish specs if you're OK with only 8GB of internal and ONLY up to 32GB sd card storage.

Hardware wise, it's only a tiny bit better than the S4, but supports less storage than the S4, and has a slightly better battery.

Personally, ID pass that up for a G5

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Thanks rub, hiking mouse mentioned the moto x pure but I only see the moto G and E LTE on us cellular website?

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

You get the Moto x pure right from Motorola as it is not carrier specific.... Won't find it in a USCellular store... I don't think so at least

you wont, same with the Nexus - only from Google or manufacturer (dont buy from Huawei!) - but yeah, whatever your flavor, uscc will activate it.

Thank you guys for your insights, I think I may go with the Moto X pure, BB has them for $300.

Thoughts on a OS to flash?

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, clones said:

Thank you guys for your insights, I think I may go with the Moto X pure, BB has them for $300.

Thoughts on a OS to flash?

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

I'm running TruPureXMM, but am going back to stock when I get the time.  It runs fine 99% of the time, but there are some FCs and weird glitches occasionally.  

Stock Marshmallow + root + Xposed is all you need.  Layers work just fine.  It's honestly the best way to go IMO.  Stock is so close to AOSP but is bug-free and has all the Moto features that are a large part of why I got the phone in the first place.  

1 hour ago, BoгИX said:

I'm running TruPureXMM, but am going back to stock when I get the time.  It runs fine 99% of the time, but there are some FCs and weird glitches occasionally.  

Stock Marshmallow + root + Xposed is all you need.  Layers work just fine.  It's honestly the best way to go IMO.  Stock is so close to AOSP but is bug-free and has all the Moto features that are a large part of why I got the phone in the first place.  

Not the same phone, but I feel 100% the same way. I run a Nexus 6.

I run stock MM, Root+Xposed, and I don't miss anything from custom ROMs. I have themes, I have tweaks through Xposed, and I have battery life control through Kernels.