Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NetworkD00d

G5 - Anyone Got One

15 posts in this topic

Thinking of jumping on the introductory offer on the G5 to get the charging cradle and extra battery. Anyone get it? Do I have to buy with the new monthly installment plan or can I buy one outright? 

You can buy it however you want, be it the installments, outright, or the subsidized pricing.  

I'm paying $10/month for the connection charge on my G3 which I had on a BYO plan. I see it is $15 for the installments. Will it stay $10 if I buy outright? Any other benefits of avoiding installments?

No contract without installments. That's why I buy outright

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I finally broke my moto x 2014 and decided to give the g5 a chance. So far so good. I don't know where all the complaints I read about sharp edges and poor build come from. I don't see any of that with my phone. I did download home 4.0 to get the app drawer back and so far I'm happy enough with it that I haven't installed nova. The only downside I've seen so far is this phone is quicker to go to 1x than my old x.

I've had one since day 1 of launch, really liking it but I may have found a bug but so far I haven't been able to find anything about it online. 

So obviously there is a character limit with sms and most phones will split the message into 2 when sending it. It bring up "Can't send message with Us Cellular error 100"

Ive tried digging through settings on both the app and phone, but can't find a solution. I haven't modded or flashed a phone since my S4 so I might be a little behind on something. 

I got one, just waiting on root should be soon.

Sent from my LGUS992 using Tapatalk

Hmm...It's always a good idea to follow the phone Nick gets. I'm in the market.

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk

On 4/12/2016 at 7:51 PM, craZ said:

I've had one since day 1 of launch, really liking it but I may have found a bug but so far I haven't been able to find anything about it online. 

So obviously there is a character limit with sms and most phones will split the message into 2 when sending it. It bring up "Can't send message with Us Cellular error 100"

Ive tried digging through settings on both the app and phone, but can't find a solution. I haven't modded or flashed a phone since my S4 so I might be a little behind on something. 

I had one since day one. Had the same issue. It was on us cellulars end. They didn't activate correctly to were it sends as an MMS. It was quite frustrating. After four days of use was just out driving with it and it died. Like no turning on or anything. Went to us cellular did battery and modual swap but nothing. Returned and got an S7edge. Way better decision in my opinion. LG tried some new things but fell short for a flagship. If this was last year's model it would have been great. But they tried to much and left key things out other manufacturers have included this year. I bet the LG g6 is going to be sweet. The g5 did what the s6 did. And won't win this year. Next year :)

Has anyone been able to get the bootloader unlocked? I try adb reboot bootloader and it just restarts.

Adb reboot bootloader doesn't work:

With the phone OFF, hold volume UP button, plug it into PC while holding buttons.

How about 'adb reboot edl"?

Adb reboot bootloader doesn't work:

With the phone OFF, hold volume UP button, plug it into PC while holding buttons.

How about 'adb reboot edl"?

Neither boot to bootloader.

Then idk how - theres very little info out there

OK, the Pixel is too $$$ for my blood. I'm coming from a LG G3.

Couple LG G5 question for owners out there.

How is the Battery life treating you?

The 'ambient display', does it just show the time, or does it show any other notifications.

Anyone using the 'smart cover' with the window to see the ambient display when closed?