Sign in to follow this  
TG

Can't download purchased Google Play movies

I'm having trouble downloading a movie I purchased from Google Play. Can stream fine, can download to my chromebook & phone. Just not my Note 8 tablet. No error number or anything. Just "This video couldn't be downloaded". Have plenty of storage space. Tried clearing app data, etc. No luck. I've downloaded stuff in the past. 

Looks like you posted on xda too?

Never used offline, but I would try clearing cache and data for the play movies app, doesn't look like a common problem unfortunately.

Are you rooted? Custom rom?

Sent from my SM-G900R4 (klteusc) running CM13 1.30.16 with xposed

I had trouble with a book download, and gave Google support a call.  They were actually pretty helpful and resolved it quick.

Yea, tried google support. Once I told them I was rooted, they pretty much said 'sorry, we can't help' I'm guessing it's something to do with rom/kernel. Oh well. Downloaded it elsewhere...

Had this issue. Basically got the same response but will add it's about copyright protection.

Moto X Pure via Tapatalk 4.9.5

There are apps (I can't remember the title) which will block certain apps from registering that you're rooted. I believe that should solve the problem if you choose the offending app you're looking download video with.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

On 4/17/2016 at 11:18 PM, weberr90 said:

There are apps (I can't remember the title) which will block certain apps from registering that you're rooted. I believe that should solve the problem if you choose the offending app you're looking download video with.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Good idea. I'll give that a try. I wonder if xposed, etc. on my tablet is breaking safetynet check. I've kept safetynet intact on my phone for Android Pay, hence why I could download the movie there.