Damurph82

Not receiving calls

I got the Nexus 6 a week ago and apparently I'm not receiving calls. I have received a few calls on it but none in the last 3 or 4 days. I've thumbed through all the settings and tried *228 but the problem still persists. I seen where this was a big issue with Sprint when the phone first released but I can't find any fix.

Currently, if I make a call and then someone calls back within a few minutes it'll ring through but after my phone sits awhile it doesn't. It's almost like the phone just isn't waking up. This happens whether I'm on WiFi or not and even if I'm using the phone while a call should be coming through.

The phone is stock and unrooted Android 6.0.1

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Try toggling airplane mode on/off, and wait for it to say "No service" before turning off airplane mode. 

What android build are you running MMB29K?

Make sure the "Preferred network type" is set to LTE (recommended).

Sometimes that alone will make things work.

Cheers!

That's the trick I use to get LTE after a reboot or spending several hours connected to WiFi. For some reason it wants to keep connecting to 3g otherwise.

Just got off the phone with tech support and he said it was trying to send calls to my old G3 for some reason. I keep it turned off and we even shut it down while activating the Nexus 6. He made adjustments on their end and then had me do another *228. I'll see how it does the next few days and if it still gives me problems I'll take it to the store and maybe try another sim.

My build number is MMB29V and the phone is set to LTE instead of global

3 hours ago, Damurph82 said:

That's the trick I use to get LTE after a reboot or spending several hours connected to WiFi. For some reason it wants to keep connecting to 3g otherwise.

Just got off the phone with tech support and he said it was trying to send calls to my old G3 for some reason. I keep it turned off and we even shut it down while activating the Nexus 6. He made adjustments on their end and then had me do another *228. I'll see how it does the next few days and if it still gives me problems I'll take it to the store and maybe try another sim.

My build number is MMB29V and the phone is set to LTE instead of global

We had this problem even on an iPhone (watches everyone shudder).  Same reason, something didn't get routed to the new phone right.  Since they corrected that, no issues.  Hope the same for you!

On 4/23/2016 at 9:27 PM, Damurph82 said:

My problem seems to be fixed as far as I can tell. Just figured I give an update.

What build are you running?  mmb29x?  Or mob30d?

I just flashed on mob30d Sunday 4/24.  So far no issues.  Includes the latest radio as well:

radio-shamu-d4.01-9625-05.34+fsg-9625-02.111.img

Cheers!

What build are you running?  mmb29x?  Or mob30d?

I just flashed on mob30d Sunday 4/24.  So far no issues.  Includes the latest radio as well:

radio-shamu-d4.01-9625-05.34+fsg-9625-02.111.img

Cheers!

Now I'm currently on MMB29X. I took that update a few days after my original post. I believe it was the April security update if I'm not mistaken. I'm stock and not rooted, haven't felt a need to root yet.

I haven't rooted either. Just have the unlocked bootloader so I can flash updates as desired.

Cheers!

To me, Adblock is 100% worth root! However YMMV! 

I'm about to that point. Ad's didn't use to bother me as much because it kept things cheaper or free(ish) for the end user but they've gotten so heavily integrated now that they slow down browsers, take over the whole screen, and make a lot of sites all but useless (if not entirely useless). Ad's in the apps I use aren't to terribly intrusive so they're not as much an issue but the only way I know of blocking Ad's through browsers require root. I've been using Brave browser for its ad blocking but have been noticing more and more ad's coming up through it.

Has anyone using chrome browser on their phone notice any performance issues with it? Mine has been lagging horribly while scrolling through webpages. I first noticed it with my G3 but it still does it on the Nexus 6 and it seems to get worse the longer I use it until I get so aggravated I give up using it. It just updated the other day but it still does it.

No lag here.. Idk why, how many tabs and have you tried clearing the cache of Chrome?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

1 sometimes 2 or 3 and yea I cleared the cache and data when I was on my G3 because I figured after a year and a half it might help. It did seem to help overall performance but the lag while scrolling is still awful. It may just be the sites I visit idk. I might need to go back to using it exclusively and pay a little more attention to detail.

On 4/27/2016 at 1:15 PM, Zenzr said:

To me, Adblock is 100% worth root! However YMMV! 

But it breaks Android Pay - IF you use that

But it breaks Android Pay - IF you use that

Nope lol.