brianinmaine

TWRP not seeing sd card in MM?

Probably a simple thing, but I can't seem to find out how to make twrp see my 64G sd card in the back? Any ideas? When booted I can see it all the apps after I give permission.

to be clear when in twrp 3.0.2-1, I select mount -> select storage -> and try to select the micro SDCard option it only says (0MB) and won't select. Any ideas? Sure would be nice to do a nandroid to my card...

Edited by brianinmaine

Sorry - 3.0.2-1 flashed in odin. passed fine and I can get in fine, just won't see my card? Works fine booted in the OS as portable storage.

I think 6.0 only allows sd cards to be seen as external, TWRP only sees internal - on 5.0 this wasnt an issue.

Samsung is stupid for designing it this way - as they did on the S7

Ah I thought I was alone in this. I know it worked with the ASOP roms based on MM like resurrection remix. Odd it doesn't work on this now, right?

Mine works fine.

There is a difference in how marshmallow accesses sd card but recovery isn't affected by this I don't believe. I would sooner think it's having an issue with sd card size because my 32g works just fine.

You can try flashing twrp again.

Also check settings in twrp.

There is a check box in the mount tab for sd card and also a storage button to select what storage to use.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

well i've tried reflashing and rebooting and the settings. the checkboxs wont check and the storage button wont push. maybe ill try a different card or wipe and reformat this one. some days i think i might just throw out this phone and go back to an old flip phone! stupid thing!

thanks anyway!

If you have a 32g sd try it. See if it's the issue. I'm thinking it is. Also, what format is your sd (fat32)

Does twrp always show the little yellow warning text on a normal boot? I am using the twrp 3.0.2-0 which I flashed to use for rooting MM 6.0.1 and do not like that little yellow warning text every time. I have always used philz_touch_6.26.2-klte on this phone ever since i rooted 4.4.2 KK and have had no issues and no warnings on a standard boot.

I'm thinking about switching back to Philz Touch just for that reason and i also like that it is a little more of a simple layout yet does everything it should and i have never had an issue with it. This is the exact one I have always flashed and it did work after flashing MM, this Custom Rec. also boots faster:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/07eb6hhhyj86qr6/philz_touch_6.26.2-klte.tar.md5?dl=0

Is there any reason that twrp is used for flashing the updated supersu when rooting stock MM 6.0.1 ? I was just following what others did and may even reflash MM just to test and see if Philz Touch will work 4 root too. Don't see why it wouldn't.

Does everyone else get that yellow warning on boot who flashed twrp, and is there a way to get rid off it? If I have to go into USC store ever, warnings on boot scream root/modification already got warranty voided from USC on last phone because of that.

TWRP shouldn't show anything on a normal boot. If there's a warning message on boot I assume it's Knox related. Tripping Knox technically voids your warranty, but you're the first person in four years I've heard of being denied warranty because of it.

TWRP was likely recommended because it is the most common and functional recovery available. But if Philz works and you prefer it, feel free to continue!

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

If you send the device in for warranty replacement or repair but you didn't flash Factory firmware before that then I would imagine they had a problem with it.

You NEVER send a phone in still modified. The yellow triangle goes away once you flash stock.

The warning only indicates that it's modified, nothing else.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Does twrp always show the little yellow warning text on a normal boot? I am using the twrp 3.0.2-0 which I flashed to use for rooting MM 6.0.1 and do not like that little yellow warning text every time. I have always used philz_touch_6.26.2-klte on this phone ever since i rooted 4.4.2 KK and have had no issues and no warnings on a standard boot.

I'm thinking about switching back to Philz Touch just for that reason and i also like that it is a little more of a simple layout yet does everything it should and i have never had an issue with it. This is the exact one I have always flashed and it did work after flashing MM, this Custom Rec. also boots faster:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/07eb6hhhyj86qr6/philz_touch_6.26.2-klte.tar.md5?dl=0

Is there any reason that twrp is used for flashing the updated supersu when rooting stock MM 6.0.1 ? I was just following what others did and may even reflash MM just to test and see if Philz Touch will work 4 root too. Don't see why it wouldn't.

Does everyone else get that yellow warning on boot who flashed twrp, and is there a way to get rid off it? If I have to go into USC store ever, warnings on boot scream root/modification already got warranty voided from USC on last phone because of that.

The yellow warning text saying "set warranty bit kernel"?

That's from root not twrp. Root flashes a unikernel to gain root. That sets warranty bit.

I use and posted the twrp 3.0.2-0 because it doesn't offer to root the phone on reboot because that option no longer works on marshmallow and could cause issues/confusion when people try to root marshmallow. It also allows you to flash .img files and not just .zip.

Twrp 2.8.7-0 works fine as I'm sure Philz will also.