SkiiMask713

Resurrection Remix *(LP&MM)* JFLTEUSC

Hello everyone, my name is Casey JonesJones (not an alias! :p). I am not a developer, simply a guy that gets way to excited  about technology, mainly Android OS. 

I am currently waiting for the reply on my PM sent to Resurrection Remix dev TJsteveMX over on XDA in regards to permission to upload my JFLTEUSC port of his i9505 RR ROM 5.5.9(LP) & 5.6.9(MM). I don't know if anyone else is as excited as me but I've had a huge smile on all day. 

This is a big accomplishment for me because I broke my laptop screen on accident and had to carry on porting the ROM with nothing but my trusted Galaxy S4. It was an easy port but I made a challenge for myself to not extract the ROM zip to edit the archive. In reality it was temporarily extracted but only for the system to pull the needed files, edit, and replace. 

Anyway, this is not a spoof, please stay tuned because I have a good feeling he will be fine with it. but just to make sure, I'm holding out. Thank you everyone so much. If there's any help I could he for anyone in the future with anything please don't hesitate to shoot me a chat via PM or E-mail. 

-Casey

Good deal man!  And welcome aboard!  

I don't have an S4, but if I did I'd love to give your port a flash.

Thanks for looking out for us, the little guys on US Cellular, and for breathing new life into the ol' S4!

This is honestly the *best* news I've heard for my phone in months. Yes, I very much am as excited as you, lol. I knew not upgrading would pay off. Thank you so much!

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

I am truly sorry for falling out on this subject. I had terms confused, I didn't port them from source, therefore I suppose I meant to call it an "edit". I'm n00bish, but if you would like to know what edits I made send me a PM (if OK with site manager). I live off WiFi so it was probably easier for me to get it running. No extracting .DAT files or anything like that. Not even any extracting of the zip itself. 1 app is what I used. Lol. The GSM/CDMA is a topic I'm not fluent in but I am pretty sure there are some more edits to enable talk text and data, I wouldn't know because I'm running twrp for jfltexx because WiFi like I said is all I use. PM me if interested. I'm not advertising a ROM I made but i have been a HUGE fan of RR since my note 3. PM if interested. Moderqter delete if I'm overstepping boundaries.

I am truly sorry for falling out on this subject. I had terms confused, I didn't port them from source, therefore I suppose I meant to call it an "edit". I'm n00bish, but if you would like to know what edits I made send me a PM (if OK with site manager). I live off WiFi so it was probably easier for me to get it running. No extracting .DAT files or anything like that. Not even any extracting of the zip itself. 1 app is what I used. Lol. The GSM/CDMA is a topic I'm not fluent in but I am pretty sure there are some more edits to enable talk text and data, I wouldn't know because I'm running twrp for jfltexx because WiFi like I said is all I use. PM me if interested. I'm not advertising a ROM I made but i have been a HUGE fan of RR since my note 3. PM if interested. Moderqter delete if I'm overstepping boundaries.

So, lemme get this straight. You didn't actually port anything, and the ROM that you are providing doesn't connect to USCC network at all?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

I really apologize again about the false hope here. I didn't have those intentions. My terminology was not at all up to date. Porting to me meant making a ROM boot successfully, I now know that that is not true and is what I really did was just edit the assert value in the update-script.

I cannot confirm or deny that my method will not connect to USC network because my S4 is pretty much just a WiFi device due to the fact I'm always around WiFi so I just make calls and texts through TextNow (the only app I know that doesn't make you watch 300 videos to earn 2 minutes of talk time). so by saying that, that's the only thing I can't confirm. What I can confirm is that every single ROM (aosp, cm, aokp, pa, etc is all that I've tested) for the JFLTEXX boots first time, WiFi has never failed, Bluetooth has never failed, actually nothing at all has failed so far but I am not able to test the calling, SMS,MMS, or data. 

Once again I apologize for the misleading post but I still am here for a very simple, 45 second on average method of editing the update script without repacking the zip file or anything. Some may already know how but to make up for my mistake of not researching every aspect of what I posted before I posted it, I'm here for support if anyone doesn't know how to do what I mentioned and wants to know how.

As far as not knowing of data calls and SMS/MMS works, the worst I could picture happening after making a backup is you would have to restore the backup or flash a different ROM. Matter of fact the gentleman moderating the Resurrection Remix ROM said he'd still give credit to me for uploading the ROM zip to save then from having to do it. so of anyone would like to test the "Mini-ports" is what I'm going to call them, you could upload then and get a short lived moment of fame on XDA lol. 

Anyway, sorry, still here to help and learn. thanks for your time. 

Sorry about the more than late reply, I invested into a note 5 but development was slow on it so I sold it to get back to my faithful s4. I'm going to upload the RR ROM onto my google drive tonight. not the LP version but the MM version. The updater script will be modified for jflteusc only, if anyone wants a share invite just let me know on this thread. I'll be watching it more again, and once again, I apologize for the confusion and late replies.