snoprosledneck88

So it finally happened

Well after a really bad day to begin with I'm walking out of the urgent care later that night because I put a drill bit into my hand while the drill was running. I had my 2 year old because the wife was out of town. So to keep him entertained I let him watch some shows on my phone. Couldn't get my POS galaxy s6 (work phone) to connect to the hospital's wifi so the little lad had my baby. My near and dear to me Nexus 6. After a couple hours of being stuck in the hospital and episode after episode streamed across the beautiful display it was time to head home. We make it about half way to the car while he is still carrying my phone. I'm on my work phone talking to my wife to give her an update on my hand when I hear the worst sound ever. Worse than nails on a chalk board. The clean crisp clap sound a device makes when it lands perfectly face down on the concrete sidewalk. Withoit looking I knew she had been damaged. The screen has finally cracked. I feel happy as this is the longest I have ever went with a phone without wrecking it, and I didn't even wreck this one so......My question to you guys are these. Has anyone replaced their glass? Glass only. Where would be a good place to buy a new nexuses 6 or refurbished Nexus 6? Maybe even used if I felt I could buy with confidence. Where would be a good place to consider to have it repaired? I have already called quite a few places and price ranges from $150 - $275. If I have to spend $275 I would rather put up with it like this for a while and put hay money toward another device later. Give me your thoughts. Thanks for all the help guys! Btw the phone is still usable as I just typed this on it so... yeah

Thanks again.

Dropped mine about 6 months ago (screen is not functioning), just about cried. I've since been using a s6 edge +, which I've been pretty meh about... and have been looking for a Nexus 6 or newer, but I'll probably hold on for a while since I've finally found a way to root this darn Samsung device. 

My advice, stick with a Nexus. I'm not sure if the 6P is any better or not (I loved the 6" screen on the 6) and I really miss the almost daily flashing of new kernels, roms, updates, etc.

Just curious, who have you been calling to get those quotes?

5 minutes ago, mcgleevn said:

Dropped mine about 6 months ago (screen is not functioning), just about cried. I've since been using a s6 edge +, which I've been pretty meh about... and have been looking for a Nexus 6 or newer, but I'll probably hold on for a while since I've finally found a way to root this darn Samsung device. 

My advice, stick with a Nexus. I'm not sure if the 6P is any better or not (I loved the 6" screen on the 6) and I really miss the almost daily flashing of new kernels, roms, updates, etc.

Just curious, who have you been calling to get those quotes?

They have just been cell phone repair places or electronic places. I found the glass and tools online In a kid for $25. Found the digitalized panel for around $189 but that mean you would have to install it. One of the places in the Midwest was called "ubreakifix". Sorry about your phone dude. Sucks that it doesn't work at all.

My stepdaughter broke the screen on her IPhone when I lived in Stillwater OK, and I took it to a place called Cell Phone Repair. Cost a little over $100, but they did a good job. Unless you live in a really remote area, there should be a place that can fix it.

That happened to me about 2 weeks ago. I've dropped it 100 times, no problem, but this time, it landed perfectly flat on the street. 

The good news is I still had my 64Gb N6 from when I was with US Cellular (Which when I switched to Verizon, they said I couldn't bring over with me, oddly and forced me to buy a 32Gb Nc), but one call to Customer Service, swapping the Sim Card and my old phone was activated on Verizon (and I hate the sales guy that lied to me to get a sale).

I'm debating upgrading to a Nexus 6p. May have a 64gb Nexus 6 for sale. Not 100% sure yet.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

So I have ordered a phone replacement directly from motorola. they evidently have a program where they'll send you a 'like new' device for an out-of-warranty repair for $175; which is the cost of the deductible for an insured phone... 

anyone else heard of this program? I guess I will find out next week when the phone arrives...

Edited by mcgleevn