weberr90

US Cellular now Project FI Provider

If I hadn't already switched to Verizon and brought my family with me, I'd be switching immediately. 

Might as well, make the switch.  As long as you're not using multiple gigs/month, Fi is a steal of a deal.  I'm usually somewhere between 250MB and 2GB depending on a lot of things, which would make my monthly bill between $22.50 and $40.  This quickly becomes expensive if you use a lot of data.  For example, 10GB of data would set you back $120/month.  

I will definitely be switching to Fi ASAP, likely when the new Nexus devices launch.  US Cellular hands-down has the best coverage in my home area, but SUCKS all around me when roaming.  Now I can have the best of both worlds, a Nexus, WiFi calls/texts, and cut my bill essentially in half.  Totally worth it.

But then again I am rarely off WiFi and use very little data.  Your mileage may vary.

I don't see how this is good for uscc, unless they get a good bump in revenue from Google usage. I don't see a reason to stay with uscc now, FI now has their awesome WI coverage, plus better roaming.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 (klteusc) running CM13 5.22.16 official with xposed

Like any MVNO agreement, the wireless carrier gets a kick back for anyone on FI using their network, along with general licensing deals. I doubt many people outside the tech savvy will know what FI is, or how it would benefit them.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Lol my biz service agent and I have been talking about FI for months and she was impressed, guess I will get to tell her I am gone.

I have been running a 6P on fi since they came out and if I got to Raleigh where USC get 1x data then I use my FI phone, also the 1c per min to the UK is huge for me and the fact that you can go to Europe and use it without changing a thing.

Edited by akkthompson

I came back today to post this link.

I had Fi since like January this year and LOVED it except my service at my house was shifty at best. I wound up having to switch back to us cellular...

TODAY. FFS. I get home and start browsing reddit and this golden turd pops up in r/projectfi.

I came back today to post this link.

I had Fi since like January this year and LOVED it except my service at my house was shifty at best. I wound up having to switch back to us cellular...

TODAY. FFS. I get home and start browsing reddit and this golden turd pops up in r/projectfi.

I couldn't agree more... The best golden turd I've seen this side of the Atlantic in 2 years on here

Sent from my XT1093 using Tapatalk

As soon as I possibly can I will be testing it. If all goes well for 1-2 months I am sold. 

Just note that almost none of the Iowa area codes can be ported over to Fi because Fi uses the T-Mobile backend for their number porting and area codes like 319, 563, etc. are not in the FCC's local number portability list. From what I can tell, only 515 area codes in Iowa can be ported over. Check your area code at http://www.t-mobile.com/switch to see if it is eligible.

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/project-fi/EVYZf3bD-LA

The above link explains a little bit more about the issue. Filing a FCC complaint doesn't work either. Believe me, I've tried.

Mark

My number works. I'm super excited. (Southwest WI for anyone reading.)

Edited by Zenzr

X2 Eastern North Carolina

Sent from my XT1093 using Tapatalk

Oh, if only the data was a little less expensive on Fi, I'd be over in a heartbeat.  My main issue is that I use about 2.5ish gigs a month, which brings me close to what I pay per month at USCC with 5gb of data.

Edited by Starblazer

A 608 #?

A 608 #?

Yes.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

715(Central/Northren Wisconsin) works!  I made the switch last week from USCC to Fi and I love it.  Not one problem yet.  

715(Central/Northren Wisconsin) works!  I made the switch last week from USCC to Fi and I love it.  Not one problem yet.  

Nice! I'm in the Rockford area. Working great here but tmo and sprint have good coverage is good.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk